Frontpage - Office 2000- and installing Windows any help please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steve, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hello All

    I have ME installed on my PC and I want to install windows 2000. I have been
    told that it isn't just a load over the top and I will have to remove ME
    first...my problem is I haven't got the confidence to wipe and format a HD.
    I know I will get it wrong, can anyone advise on a basic plain talking site
    that can help.......

    The real reason I want to swapped OS is that I have tried to install
    Frontpage 2003 and it keeps warning me that I need a newer version of
    windows for it to be installed, is there anyway round that. I have Office
    2000 for small businesses but it doesn't have Frontpage 2000.........

    Any ideas of any way I can overcome the above and either get a copy of
    Frontpage or installing the 2003 version.........

    Many thanks in advance

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    errrr thanks for replying...

    The way I look at it is that a google search is ok BUT there is no
    alternative for experience.......and that is something that lots of users on
    the group have.
    many thanks though and sorry if my simple question on the help desk ng
    caused you hassle..

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Steve

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You can upgrade ME to 2000 just insert the disk and follow the prompts.

    pcbutts1, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    So my boffin mate was wrong then pcbutts..........

    I know I can over install OS that are newer but he insists that I cant put
    win 2000 straight over ME without having a clean install.......

    Many thanks for taking time to help...

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 9, 2004
  5. Steve

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Yes your boffin mate is wrong. All you have to do is insert the disk and it
    will ask you during the setup process if you want to upgrade or install
    fresh.

    pcbutts1, Oct 9, 2004
  6. Steve

    Sunny Guest