    can be possible. Should I buy another windows? btw I downloaded 32-bit
    windows from windows marketplace.
    Best Regards

    Guest, Feb 1, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You do not have to get 64bit windows becuase you have a 64bit cpu. Your cpu
    supports 32bit as well. You will be better off with the 32bit version for a
    couple of years at least. The 64bit end of things is still very unreliable.
    There is minimal benefit in 64bit for you average user.

    Guest, Feb 1, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Unfortunately that wasnt the question the OP asked. I am curious of this as
    well, how do i go about switching from the 32-bit download to the 64-bit
    download if I have already made a purchase?

    Guest, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007
  6. He needs to make a bootable cd for the three download files or order the
    media.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 8, 2007
  7. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    The problem many seem to be having is how do you bypass the purchase section
    and just be able to download the files, whether 32-bit or 64-bit.
    When they purchase one or the other and change their minds, they don't need
    another key, do they, just a different download.

    John Barnes, Feb 9, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi, I have a 32 bit version of windows vista businness. But i would like to
    try the 64 bit version. Can i use the same key ?

    Guest, Feb 9, 2007
  9. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    If it is the retail version, you can use the same key

    John Barnes, Feb 9, 2007
  10. Yes, I'm almost sure you can. I find the key for the Ultimate Edition
    works with either 32 0r 64 bit so the 32 and 64 bit business editions
    should use the same key.

    David R. Norton, MVP Shell/User, Feb 9, 2007
  11. Guest

    mikeyhsd Guest

    it will probably work, but
    if you have authenticated the 32 bit version,
    be prepared for error message that key is in use and having to call MS.

    been there done that.

    mikeyhsd, Feb 10, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am having a similar problem. I have ordered the 32-bit version of Vista,
    seen the 64-bit version and would like to upgrade, as I have a 64-bit
    processor and run some high performance software. Vista has not yet arrived,
    so I cannot put my key into the above mentioned web page, but I was wondering
    if the upgrade to 64-bit is free (Bar P&P; Microsoft give you a "Free"
    upgrade for eligible PCs, then charge you £14 for postage, and a week later
    the software still hasn't come), or if you have to pay something else to
    upgrade. Also, would I have to wait for the 64-bit version to arrive to be
    able to install Vista, or would I be able to install the 32-bit version in
    the meantime?

    Thanks for any info.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2007