From NT MCSE NT 4.0 to MCSE 2003 upgrade path

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi all,

    I have NT 4.0 MCSE and have passed the Windows 2000 Accelerated exam for
    MCPs certified for NT 4.0 few years back.

    I'm currently planning for 2003 MCSE, what to you recomend, take all of 2003
    exams from scratch or take the rest of the 2000 exams (4 exams, 217,216,215,
    + elective) and then take 2 exams to upgrade to 2003?

    Thanks

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?TWF4aW0gUG9scw==?=
    Really doesn't matter, you have a whack-load of exams to do. If you haven
    that many left, I would recommend just going from scratch with the 2003
    track. Still, if you would like to be certified in both...feh, you have 7
    exmas either way...

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

    - Any given program, when running, is obsolete.

    Neil, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, I only need 215,216,217 + one elective for MCSE 2000. Then I can take
    the upgrade path and get 2003 MCSE with two exams or am I missing something.
    I've also heard that it's easier to take upgrade tests.

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Well, if I were you, I wouldn't take my time. Although Microsoft doesn't
    have a date listed for the exams to retire, 215 & 217 are already past their
    5 year mark. I don't recall ever seeing an exam's cycle go longer than 6
    years, but I could be mistaken.

    BD[MCNGP], Nov 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well, if I were you, I wouldn't take my time. Although Microsoft doesn't
    Oh, wasn't aware of that, thanks for the update.

    Guest, Nov 21, 2006