From MPLS VPN to VLAN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ivan Ostreš, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    Hello NG,

    I have Cat6500 with sup 720 and that is a PE for MPLS network (it
    doesn't have customer's on it - it connects VPNs to internet). Now the
    idea is to put FWSM in with multiple contexts to give users firewall
    that would be manageable by themselves (it's not a problem).

    The problem here is what is the best way to transport data from MPLS
    VPN's to VLANs? Anyone doing something like that?

    Ivan Ostreš, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Ivan Ostreš

    Toby Guest

    I don't know much about the FWSM or the Cat6500 but should be no problem as
    the CE-PE or Internet-PE in your case doesn't use MPLS as it's transport but
    pure IP, On a PE router you would just create sub interfaces on the
    Fast/Giga interface using DotQ/ISL encapsulation and apply the VRF their.
    This is how we do it with seperate layer2 and 3 devices so one Gig-Ethernet
    can feed multipe CE's.

    Toby

    Toby, Oct 17, 2004