From MCSD to MCSD.net

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Nasser Khaled, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I am a MCSD certify and thinking to go for MCSD.net.
    I do have 70-229 witch is an elective exam in MCSD.net.
    Should I take the 4 others .net exams to qualify for
    MCSD.net?
    Or, it is any exam(s) that a candidate who is already an
    MCSD certify, needs to take in order to upgrade his
    certification to MCSD.net

    Thank you

    Sincerely,

    Nasser Khaled, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Nasser Khaled

    Ernesto Guest

    There is not direct path, the only advantage that MCSDs
    haven had was the free voucher in order to take the 70-
    300, but this was for limited time until 2003 september,
    is strange that you haven't had notice of that.

    The NT MCSE were afortunate because with a big exam they
    had the chance to become W2k MCSE.

    Best Regards
    Ernesto

    Ernesto, Jun 26, 2004

  3. There is not direct path, the only advantage that MCSDs
    even stranger is the fact that ms has yet to get one of their grunts
    to update the web site, to reflect that 30th Sept 2003 passed us by
    some nine months ago...
    as is the case for upgrading from w2k to w2k3, except this time, there
    are two exams required, not one.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 26, 2004
  4. I am a MCSD certify and thinking to go for MCSD.net.
    Another one for you Cindy!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 26, 2004
  5. In 21c8501c45b5a$a7228c60$,

    Hi Nasser,
    You can use that as an elective toward your MCSD for VS.NET
    What is your goal? Whether you should or shouldn't work toward MCSD for
    VS.NET can only be determined by defining your goals. Some goals are:

    1. Force yourself to learn the new material to enhance your skills so they
    won't be out-of-date
    2. Make yourself a more attractive candidate for a promotion or a new job.
    Employers in your area may or may not value your certification, and there
    may or may not be VS.NET jobs available
    3. Be able to compare yourself to other developers in a quantitative way
    4. Impress your friends
    As others alluded to in this thread, there is no upgrade path from MCSD for
    VS6 to MCSD for VS.NET, other than the fact that your 70-229 will qualify as
    the elective.

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 26, 2004
  6. In news: ,
    <g>

    Cindy Winegarden, Jun 26, 2004
  7. Nasser Khaled

    Mike Guest

    You must pass the four .Net exams, plus an elective. You already
    passed 70-229, which can count for your elective. Therefore, you have
    four exams to go. There is no "upgrade" exam.

    Mike, Jun 26, 2004