From MCSA 2000 messaging to MCSA 2003-->2008

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by lacsupport, Apr 10, 2008.

  1. lacsupport

    lacsupport Guest

    Hi,

    Yes, I have seen the other posts, but I would like to be 100% sure. I've
    tried the microsoft homepage, but cant get a clear answer. Last monday
    (03/31) I failed the 70-292 for the second time, and that was that.

    I asked at the prometic test center, how to become MCSA2003, and they said,
    well its all over again. So I desided to go for:

    70-270 XP
    70-290 W2003 environment
    70-291 W2003 infrastructure
    70-236 EX2007

    Today I passed the 70-290, (tried it because I came quite close at 70-292).
    Do I really only need 70-291, and then my way is cleared to go for a w2008
    title??

    TIA!!!!

    LHC

    lacsupport, Apr 10, 2008

  2. lacsupport

    John R Guest

    Yes, if you will not use 70-292, then you need both 70-290 and 70-291, as
    290 is more server related, and 291 is more infrastructure
    (dns/wins/dhcp/ras etc) related. That is ALL you will need (at least for
    the MCSA, not exactly sure about MCSA:M), you do not need to start over.
    Check your certification planner, that will show you exactly what you need
    for any cert.

    And, they are hiding these pretty good these days too...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/default.mspx

    However, it is my understanding that 292 will be available until May 24.

    Upgrades to 2008 are only from 2003. Note, there is no MCSA or MCSE on
    2008, the new certs are MCTS and MCITP. See www.microsoft.com/learning

    John R

    John R, Apr 10, 2008

  3. lacsupport

    lacsupport Guest

    Hi, John.

    Thank you for a very clear and usefull answer. I have looked a bit at the
    certification planner, but it isent very logic to me (probably just me ;-).
    Any way, thanks for the information.

    BR

    Lasse

    lacsupport, Apr 11, 2008