From MCP of Win2000 to MCSE 2008 - PLEASE GUIDE ME

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Ahmed, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. Ahmed

    Ahmed Guest

    Hello,

    I'm an MCP of 2003 - I took 5 exams of MCSE 2000, I had 2 more to go for
    MCSE 2000 - I now want to take MCSE 2008 - Can you please guide me on a plan
    on how to get to MCSE 2008? - Should I start from scratch or should I
    complete MCSE 2000? or what should I do?

    The exams I passed are: 210-215-216-217-227

    Ahmed, Aug 19, 2008

  2. Ahmed

    Darrilgibson Guest

    Since Windows Server 2000 is close to the end of its lifetime and most
    companies have either upgraded to Windows Server 2003 or Windows
    Server 2008, I think you'd be better served if you pursued either of
    those. Since you mentioned 2008, I suggest you first decide if you
    want MCITP Server Administrator or MCITP Enterprise Administrator.
    (There's no MCSE for 2008, but instead MCITP.)

    MCITP Server Administrator requires 3 exams and you can read about it
    here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/windowsserver/2008/server/default.mspx

    MCITP Enterprise Administrator requires 5 exams and you can read about
    it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/windowsserver/2008/enterprise/default.mspx

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD...
    http://mcitpsuccess.com/
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)

    Darrilgibson, Aug 20, 2008

  3. Ahmed

    Ahmed Guest

    Thank you, I think I would go for MCITP, In that situation, Am I eligable for
    update from my old passes in earlier exams or I must re-take the whole course
    to pass the MCITP?

    Thanks

    Ahmed, Aug 20, 2008
  4. Ahmed

    Darrilgibson Guest

    Sorry, but there isn't any upgrade path from Windows 2000 to Windows
    Server 2008. The exams you passed count as experience, but that's
    about it.

    Darrilgibson, Aug 20, 2008
  5. Ahmed

    Ahmed Guest

    Thank you for your reply,

    Don't you think upgrading from 2000 to 2003 then to 2008 would be
    better/easier to achieve 2008? or taking 2008 from scratch?

    Ahmed, Aug 20, 2008
  6. There is no longer an upgrade path FROM Windows 2000 TO Windows 2003.
    The exam(s) have expired.

    Michael D. Alligood, Aug 20, 2008
  7. Ahmed

    Ahmed Guest

    Thanks Everyone.

    Ok now I gotta prepare for MCTS 2008 Enterprise,

    I'm not willing to attend a full training course, Im going to self study it...

    Can you please guide me on which documents/materials to get/buy for studying?

    I also best practice with exams trials, I remember back in the days for MCSE
    2000 there used to be like an exam test, like 80 questions with answers and i
    can take the full exam with a score in the end,

    Please guide...thanks

    Ahmed, Aug 20, 2008
  8. http://www.amazon.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet