From DIXV to AVI or MPG

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Javi, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Javi

    Javi Guest

    Does anyone know a program that converts divx files into avi or mpg?

    --
    Saludos cordiales
    Javi

    Mood conjugation:

    I enjoy a drop
    You never say no
    He is an alcoholic

    (Craig Brown)

    Javi, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Javi

    Matt Ferrari Guest

    Matt Ferrari, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Now, there is a slight problem here....

    In the subject you wrote DIVX, and in the message you wrote divx. Because
    of this change, I'm unsure of what you speak. Technically, divx doesnt even
    exist. There is DIVX and there is DiVX. The "I" (or "i") is the whole
    meaning. DIVX is an old format, its on a DVD disc, and it isnt used
    anymore. DiVX is used by pirates, so what do you want to be the holder of
    an antiquated format, or a movie downloader?

    Also, since there is no format called AVI, and technically speaking MPG isnt
    a format either, as it is rather ambiguous. MPG is an extension made from
    MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files, so what one? MPEG-1 can make some VCDs, but MPEG-2
    can make some SVCDs and DVDs. Anyone asking to convert to those would have
    asked to do that not to convert to MPG.

    But alas we stand, cock in hand....

    Anonymous Joe, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Javi

    Javi Guest

    Anonymous Joe escribió :
    :) Seems a common typo.
    None. A friend lent me a film in divx format, but it is in the original
    version without subtitles. I have downloaded the subtitles, but the program
    Subviewer only admits mpg or avi files. That is why I want to convert it.
    As I have explained above, I do not mind to what kind of mpg it is
    converted. Anyone will do.

    What does it mean?

    --
    Saludos cordiales
    Javi

    Mood conjugation:

    I enjoy a drop
    You never say no
    He is an alcoholic

    (Craig Brown)

    Javi, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Javi

    John Smith Guest

    If the person really meany DIVX it would be a simple answer: Without the
    encryption key it it would be basically a useless coaster with no
    possibility of decryption, unlike the alleged CSS 'encryption' used on
    today's DVD's. If he meant meant DiVX, he may very well be a movie
    downloader. Many DiVX movies are available on www.divx.com (note case
    usage) and may be rented as files or streamed for $4.99 or so. That is the
    purpose of DiVX, i.e. to download, by paying customers. It is also possible
    for a small number of pirates who decrypt and de-macrovision copyrighted VOB
    files to encode them in a DiVX or XVID format. For definition of pirate,
    must must refer to the national statutes applicable to the geographies in
    which the client and file servers are located.

    In answer to his question, TMPGenc Plus 2.5 (free) will convert DiVX to MPG
    (mpeg-1) and the $40.00 registered version will convert it to mpeg-2 if this
    is desired and the source has that kind of quality. GOTO www.pegasys.com.

    John Smith, Nov 18, 2003