    Further, is there provision for a number of outgoing providers or is
    it limited to the same one used as incoming for a given line?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Brian A

    Ivor Jones Guest

    No, there is no dial plan as such, but you can specify that calls to
    specific numbers, or all calls beginning with a certain prefix go via a
    certain provider, be it a VoIP line or your BT line; for example you could
    specify that all mobile numbers beginning 077/8/9 go via the provider that
    has the cheapest calls for those numbers. You can specify that all 999
    calls go out over the fixed line, given that most VoIP providers don't
    support them.
    You can have up to 10 independent SIP accounts with up to 10 providers.
    The first two automatically appear on the two phone sockets (three in the
    case of the WLAN 7050), the remainder require prefix codes to access for
    outgoing calls. Incoming calls on any line can be made to ring on any or
    all of the phone sockets.

    It's the most plug & play device I've ever seen, I had mine up and running
    literally within 5 minutes of opening the box, no port forwarding or
    router configuring (beyond entering ISP and VoIP usernames and passwords)
    required.

    For those who *like* tinkering with dial plans, it's probably not for you,
    but if you simply want something that you can plug in and forget, it's
    hard to beat.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 4, 2006

  3. Brian A