    can use it on Skype?
    Thanks,
    Robert

    Robert, Jun 28, 2009

  2. Robert

    TheFug Guest

    Robert schreef:
    Skype isn't Open Source....
    runs only on dedicated hardware , or as a softphone on pc's

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    TheFug, Jun 28, 2009

  3. The phone really is nothing more than a USB sound device with a HID
    interface (for the number pad & display).

    A couple of googles would suggest to uninstall the Freshtel software
    then unplug the phone, the install Sykpe and plug the phone in.. If
    you're lucky the keypat might work, but if not, the on-screen dialpag
    ought to work.

    Other than that, who knows...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jun 28, 2009
  4. Freshel might as well be closed source too, so I'm not sure what
    you're getting at. Skype is VoIP, much as some people might not like it,
    it's there and working...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jun 28, 2009
  5. Robert

    TheFug Guest

    Gordon Henderson schreef:
    So Freshel IS a softphone, and runs on the pc ....
    Then a normal USB headset will also do, don't see much use in USB "VoIP"
    devices, pc needs to be running,(so there,s always a keyboard at hand)
    to make or receive calls, maybe usefull for combination with netbook or
    laptop.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.