    are there any good codec pacs out there, or can anyone recommend some of
    the most commonly used/needed ones for me to go and DL.

    thanks in advance for any tips.

    donovan, Nov 19, 2006

  2. donovan

    Robert Baer Guest

    The set included in Windows Media Player 9 is rather comprehensive;
    it should be possible to add that Apple whatsitsname codec and have it
    work as if a part of WMP, and if into "funny stuff" you can add DIVX
    (filetype is AVI); Flash is a plugin to a browser but will work offline
    (filetype is SWF).
    *BUT*
    Do *!NOT!* under -->any<-- circumstances even think of loading
    "Perfect" player !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your system will be trashed in the blink of an eye; it is VERY NASTY
    SPYWARE! Program name is PMSNGR; do some google research.
    A friend of mine got sorely bit and does not know how many of his
    financial accounts were passed back to the instigator(s).

    Robert Baer, Nov 20, 2006