    it just sits there with nothing going on.
    What am I doing wrong.
    Thanks

    Lonnie Reynolds, Sep 1, 2004

  2. You may have a bad CD or a bad hard disk, or a dodgy memory stick or
    processor. Is the CD known to be in good condition? Have you done any
    diagnostics on the hard drive? I recently found that even after running
    Scandisk and Spinrite, which both reported the drive was perfect, that
    replacing the hard drive fixed my problem installing Win98SE on an older
    computer.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 1, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    You're doing nothing wrong. You're probably doing a fresh install
    because your system keeps screwing up. It's not the OS that's causing
    the problem. Something is wrong with your hardware. I would try
    swapping out RAM first to see if a DIMM went bad. If it's not a DIMM,
    I've seen the Level 2 cache go bad and cause the same sorts of
    problems. You haven't said what processor you're using or even whether
    it's a proprietory systme like a HP or a Dell. If it's an older system
    and the Level 2 cache is on the motherboard, you can see if it's bad
    by going into the BIOS and disabling it. Honestly, if it's the Level 2
    cache or the chipset of the board, then it isn't worth repairing.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Sep 1, 2004