    First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
    and third, it is accepted as self-evident"
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010

  2. hummingbird

    Bob Williams Guest

    Surely you jest!
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 29, 2010

  3. hummingbird

    Me Guest

    Wait for the generation 2 iPad.
    It has a screen on both sides - just flip it over.

    Me, May 29, 2010
  4. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    Are you old school? Nowadays we have got features on cameras like face
    recognition. You can do all sorts of things you couldn't do in the
    past.

    I've got some crowd shots I took on holiday but they're not all facing
    me and I want to see all the faces.

    Maybe someone else will know of some software.

    --
    ·ACF.FAQ view: http://alt-comp-freeware-FAQ.notlong.com
    ·Freeware resources: http://bearware.info

    "All truth passes through three stages.

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  5. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    The iPad costs too much and I prefer something done using freeware.

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  6. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    I have a Canon DSLR but there is nothing in the instruction manual
    about this so there's not much point looking for a solution in that
    direction.

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  7. hummingbird

    dadiOH Guest

    No software needed, just look at them from the other side of your monitor.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 29, 2010
  8. Change your attitude, so people don't turn their back on you so often.
    Completely free.

    Robert Spanjaard, May 29, 2010
  9. hummingbird

    Thip Guest

    ROFL!!!!!

    Thip, May 29, 2010
  10. hummingbird

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Sat, 29 May 2010 02:36:32 -0700, Bob Williams wrote :
    : > hummingbird wrote:
    : > > I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn
    : > > the subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to
    : > > see their faces.
    : > >
    : > > Preferably freeware.
    : > >
    : > > hb
    : > Surely you jest!
    : > Bob Williams
    : >
    :
    : Are you old school? Nowadays we have got features on cameras like face
    : recognition. You can do all sorts of things you couldn't do in the
    : past.
    :
    : I've got some crowd shots I took on holiday but they're not all facing
    : me and I want to see all the faces.

    Maybe you're using the wrong equipment. Isn't that what the flip-out LCD on
    the D5000 is for?

    Bob

    Robert Coe, May 29, 2010
  11. hummingbird

    Gandalf Guest

    Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Gandalf, May 29, 2010
  12. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    I agree. Does dadiOH really expect me to carry a monitor around just to
    see the other side of a photo? ROFL !!! What a idiot he is.

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  13. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  14. hummingbird

    DanP Guest

    Stick around and be our new resident troll.

    DanP

    DanP, May 29, 2010
  15. Or don't x-post.

    alt.photography out.

    John McWilliams, May 29, 2010
  16. hummingbird

    hummingbird Guest

    Haven't you ever heard of extrapolation? Haven't you ever heard of face
    recognition? You can do things now which you couldn't do in the past.
    I made a simple request. If you don't have a sensible suggestion then
    there's no need to reply.

    hummingbird, May 29, 2010
  17. hummingbird

    DanP Guest

    I have a feeling he will reply to you after being plonked.

    DanP

    DanP, May 29, 2010
  18. hummingbird

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    Hummer don't listen to the naysayers. NASA's VP-8 Image Analyzer was used to
    reconstruct the face on the Turin Shroud and is now being used by Google as
    part of their Earthhour project to enhance the parts of their streetview
    images not visible to the camera.

    "A normal photograph does not result in a properly formed dimensional image
    but an inferometer combined with aldebo techniques can be used to make image
    inferences. Significant progress in image segmentation has been made by
    viewing the problem in the framework of graph partitioning. In particular,
    clustering methods such as “normalized cuts” (ncuts) can efficiently
    calculate good segmentations using eigenvector calculations."

    http://www.shroud.com/papers.htm

    Bear Bottoms, May 29, 2010
  19. Well done hb, you've got them all going.

    Geoff. Hayward, May 29, 2010
  20. hummingbird

    DanP Guest

    The lowest bidder wins the job.