    really know how it's going to come out as it creates an image of your contact
    sheet. Plus file selection in it is lousy and buggy and more time consuming
    then it should be. Any tips would be appreciated.

    zbzbzb, Dec 10, 2003

  2. zbzbzb

    Trev Guest

    Open the psp browser at the folder you want select the thumbs or ctrl +a
    for all File pint

    Trev, Dec 10, 2003

  3. zbzbzb

    mortn Guest

    I've done this with PSP. Go to Browse and then Print. It should print the whole sheet
    with tiles under each picture.

    mortn, Dec 10, 2003
  4. zbzbzb

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Very easily done with Irfanview form www.irfanview.com
    and it is free.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 10, 2003
  5. zbzbzb

    zbzbzb Guest

    After writing my message I figured that out but the problem with that is there
    are no options like being able to choose the number of thumbnails on each
    sheet, etc. The way they both work is in a very dumb mode where it just lays
    out the thumbnails whichever way it pleases. With version 7 I didn't even get
    to see how it was laid out until it was printed :) Pretty worthless that way.
    Well, thanks anyway.

    zbzbzb, Dec 10, 2003
  6. zbzbzb

    Trev Guest

    True It was never intended to be a data base but the amount per page is
    dependent on the size of the thumbnails that you set in preferences
    The old PSP7 anniversary edition shipped with media centre for free

    Trev, Dec 10, 2003
  7. zbzbzb

    zbzbzb Guest

    Hi,
    Thanks Rosita but I did mention that I did try Irfanview but that it was rather
    crude and buggy. Not something I would go out of my way to use.

    zbzbzb, Dec 10, 2003
  8. zbzbzb

    Ed Ruf Guest

    There is though it may not be apparent. Uncheck the Auto-create a template
    option in the Browser Print dialog box. Either choose one of the existing
    templates that are available or in the main program create a template that
    suits your needs first and try choosing it.
    Doesn't your printer driver have a print preview capability built in, the
    one for my Epson 1270 does. Yes, one more step but usable.

    Frankly, for this and all your other printing needs you might consider
    giving the demo version of Qimage a try. I and a fair others in this group
    are quite satisfied users.
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Dec 10, 2003
  9. zbzbzb

    HRosita Guest

    (zbzbzb)
    wrote:
    Hi,

    I am surprised. I have been using it for over 2 years (it is now at Version
    3.85) and I never found it buggy. It's a shame that it does not work for you. I
    would not be without it and I have Elements and Photoshop 7. Nothing beats it
    when it comes to open pictures, view thumbnails and print contact sheets.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 10, 2003
  10. zbzbzb

    zbzbzb Guest

    Hi,
    One thing I really don't like is in the thumbnail file manager I have to always
    go looking for the desktop in the drive and directory tree since it doesn't
    display it. Such a hassle for something so obviously there in every other file
    manager in every other Windows program.

    zbzbzb, Dec 11, 2003
  11. try imagewwalker at www.imagewalker.com

    open it up, and in the thumbnail frame choose pics (shift click,
    control click or control-A) and then in the menus FILE-PRINTING- and
    up comes a pic that lets you shoose how many per page, - how many
    columsn, how many rows, rotation, You can caption them with most of
    the EXIF info too.

    software is shareware, but will fully funciton for free (you get a pop
    up reminder).

    chris

    Chris P in PA, Dec 11, 2003
  12. zbzbzb

    zbzbzb Guest

    It is all too manual and not worth the time and effort. Even with a template
    you would still have to manually add the images and if say you had 20 images
    that were huge then there goes Windows. Also the existing templates are
    worthless for contact sheets. PSP just isn't designed to do contact sheets
    efficiently or in any really useful manner.

    Yeah, I was hopeful something free and simple might be available. Canon's Zoom
    Browser EX that comes with their digicams actually does contact sheets better
    than even Irfanview and does it much quicker though I hate the lack of control
    on the file information. I would just like to have the file name and the least
    information it will allow is the file name, image size, and two others I can't
    recall right now. I think though that is what I am going to end up using
    afterall since I already have it. Thanks for the response.

    zbzbzb, Dec 11, 2003
  13. zbzbzb

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Even though I use Qimage, since I all ready have it for other printing
    needs, everything above is totally false with respect to PSP8.

    From the file browser, go to the directory you want to print a contact
    sheet of. The choose File => Print to bring up the Browser Print dialog
    box. First, notice a Use Thumbnails Options setting, so your point about
    image sizes being an issue is false. Next for templates, if you choose the
    Auto-create a template option, the thumbnail size set in the browser is
    used to generate the page(s). If this isn't to your liking, Avery Int'l has
    two 4 x 4 templates, Standard Sizes has a 2 x 4 (wallets) and a 3x5
    (mini-wallets) template. Don't like these create your own. Whatever
    template you choose it is automatically populated, so there is no need to
    manually add images. If you want to look further there is a Thumbnail_150
    script and numeral print template scripts supplied also.

    Again these my not meet your needs, however, that's no reason to propagate
    incorrect information.

    Ed Ruf, Dec 11, 2003

  14. Yea... PhotoRecord is the print utility that comes with ZoomBrowser. It is not
    bad. I was messing around with it last night. You can include several things
    with the image including EXIF information.

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 12, 2003