  1. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jax Guest

    If you posted a poisoned link then you would say that. :(

    Jax, Feb 10, 2014

  2. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    adobe reader is not semi-functional. it's fully compliant with the pdf
    spec, and one of the only such apps.

    however, flash is a piece of crap.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014

  3. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    I have no trouble asking formultiple samples in Costco, or the
    supermarket. In Costco they sample ladies are very accommodating, if
    ther is not a long line for the samples.

    PeterN, Feb 10, 2014
  4. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    Just a minute, in another posting you said that Adobe's blocks are easy
    to overcome. Here you say that Adobe blocks a second trial. In normal
    English usage, when you say somebody blocks something, there is an
    implication that you are referring to an effective block. If you stood
    in front of my car to block it, your block might very well not be
    effective. (Especially if I did not see you.) If I did see you, the
    success of your block would depend upon my mood at the time. Can you
    effectively block a tank simply by putting my car in front of it.

    PeterN, Feb 10, 2014
  5. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    But, without file manipulation, will the second trial work on the
    original machine. Beter yet, why not just burn the install files on to a
    DVD.

    PeterN, Feb 10, 2014
  6. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    That claim is not supported by the evidence.
    BTW You have several open questions from me, in another thread. I
    clwarly note your failure to answer.

    PeterN, Feb 10, 2014
  7. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    Has it happened to you?
    Do tell us which buffet, and when.
    There is one local buffet that tried limiting the time, and enforcing
    the rule. They are now out of business.
    You see, a smart manager will understand that some will gorge
    themselves, and others will eat small portions. They go just to get a
    sampling, of taste of many things. BTW, do you have an authoritative
    survey to support your contention.

    PeterN, Feb 11, 2014
  8. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    i did not say the blocks were easy.

    the *moment* you lie about what i say is the moment you indicate you
    are trolling.
    yes, they do, as does just about every company who offers trial
    versions.

    it's stupid not to restrict it to one trial. otherwise, the user can
    just keep reinstalling and get all the free trials they want. why would
    they bother buying the app?
    effective is not absolute.

    what adobe does is effective for most people (and that's all that
    matters) but anyone who savvy enough can find way around it.

    nothing is perfect. even adobe's copy protection/activation has been
    cracked, which by your twisted logic, means adobe's software is free
    for everyone.
    i would be more than happy to see not just your car put in front of a
    tank, but everything you own, and then have it all flattened. in fact,
    i'd pay good money to witness that.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  9. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    doesn't matter.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  10. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    you can note whatever you want. your questions usually make very little
    sense anyway.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  11. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    no, nor does it matter if it did. this is not about me, no matter how
    hard you try to twist it. when will you ever learn that?

    the fact is that you *can* get booted out of an all you can eat buffet
    for eating too much. here's a few such events:

    <http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_sarasota_manatee/sarasota/
    woman-claims-restaurant-kicked-her-family-out-after-eating-too-much-on-a
    ll-you-can-eat-buffet>
    <http://www.vibe.com/article/man-protests-after-being-kicked-out-all-you-
    can-eat-fish-fry>
    <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/banned-from-buffet-dalmon-mile
    s_n_1933097.html>
    do you really think those events are related?

    if so, are you proud to have caused economic disaster for someone
    simply trying to make a living?
    of course, and they price it accordingly. most people fall in the
    middle somewhere and the price is generally fair for what they get.

    the problem are the outliers that come in for many hours and do nothing
    more than park their fat ass in a booth and eat all day long, not only
    overstaying their welcome, but denying other patrons of seats. that's
    *not* what the restaurant intended.

    in fact, many restaurants will kick you out if you overstay your
    welcome, whether or not it's a buffet, particularly if there are other
    patrons waiting for a table.
    i *always* have authoritative references.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  12. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    If you just get back in line and ask; "Please Mr. Adobe sir, can I have
    another one?" and do nothing deceptive, such as use a fresh email
    address, AND clean out any Adobe machine specific tags/files/ID bombs,
    then they are going to say you have had your one 30 day trial for that
    particular edition of the current application. So without those
    deceptive measures you are effectively blocked from installing and
    running a second 30 day trial.
    yep.

    Naturally, Adobe's not particularly strong defenses can be defeated.[/QUOTE]

    anything can be defeated.

    they make it hard enough to stop most people.

    there's no way to stop everyone and it's not worth the bother in trying.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  13. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    If you can download it, it will work. What Adobe's system does is
    refuse to download a second trial if the email address shows a first
    trial has been used.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 11, 2014
  14. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    There have been instances of people being asked to leave for what the
    owner of the place thinks is taking too much food. This invariably
    results in bad publicity for the restaurant. When you see accounts of
    this happening, your first thought is most likely be "What a prick the
    restaurant owner is!". If the restaurant advertises "All you can
    eat", then that's what should be accepted.

    Holiday House, a popular local buffet, specifies that patrons can go
    through the line once for the meat course, but has no limit on the
    other items on the buffet.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 11, 2014
  15. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    What makes you think anything needs to cleaned out? Having not done
    it, I don't know, but since you have not done it, how do you know?

    As far as I can tell, Adobe's only block is declining to download a
    trial if that email address has already downloaded a trial. Once the
    download has been accomplished, it should install without a problem.

    The trial download is no different from a purchased download other
    than it has a time limit of use. This time limit of use is disabled
    on entering a license key. If a second download is accomplished,
    purchasing the program and providing the license key would disable the
    end-block.

    I'm conjecturing, as I have to since I neither work for Adobe nor have
    attempted multiple downloads, but it seems to me that you and nospam
    are also conjecturing.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 11, 2014
  16. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    no it won't.
    that's part of it.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  17. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    that much is clear, yet you keep on posting.
    it's not that hard to figure out how it works.

    there's this new thing called google. perhaps you've heard of it. you
    should check it out sometime.
    yet you say you don't know.
    nope. it does not matter if the app is installed again.

    the expiration info is *on your computer*, not in the app. you can
    download it as many times as you want. it still knows.

    in the simplest implementation, the first launch writes the install
    date/time somewhere hidden and it's checked on every launch. if it's
    launched after the duration of the trial period, it tells you your
    trial is over.

    early attempts with trial versions (not adobe) could easily be fooled
    by changing the clock, but developers quickly caught on to that so they
    looked for evidence of clock spoofing. now, your clock doesn't matter
    since it can request the time from the internet.

    to get another trial, you would have to find out what it checks to
    determine it's a trial and how much time is left and then remove it.
    otherwise, you will always be in 'expired trial' status.

    it's definitely not as simple as downloading a second copy, which is
    stupid on its face. nobody in their right mind would make a trial
    version that was that easy to circumvent, especially something like
    photoshop.

    or, just pirate the damned thing. why go through all that hassle when
    you can just get a pirated serial and have an 'unlimited trial' and be
    done with it. that is after all, the goal.
    wrong on that too.

    as i said in an earlier post, i've implemented trial mechanisms. i know
    *very* well how they work, what people try to do and how to make them
    hard to circumvent.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  18. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    there's a lot you've missed.

    Guest, Feb 11, 2014
  19. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    So, in other words, you guanrantee nothing.
    It's free food (in small quantities) accompnied by advertising.
    The restaurant must keep their side of the deal first, if they kick
    you out they are in breach of the contract.

    Jasen Betts, Feb 11, 2014
  20. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    Jasen Betts, Feb 11, 2014