Freeware to merge two portraits into a realistic composite!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wildlife Sensitive, Feb 5, 2014.

  1. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    See: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

    The $9.99 plan and the $19.99 plan are what I'm referring to:

    The option to cancel at any time is listed at $74.99 per month.

    If you see this to read something different than I have stated,
    explain why.

    There is no "monthly" plan. The word "monthly" describes the payment
    requirement, not the term for which you must agree to participate.

    All of the plans on this page state that the amount is to be paid
    monthly.

    There is another page, that doesn't list the special $9.99 offer at
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/buying-guide.html that lists a
    "Single-app plan - month to month" that states it can be cancelled at
    any time, but the rate is $29 per month and doesn't include what the
    $9.99 plan includes.

    Why anyone would opt for this plan (if it is still in effect) is
    beyond me. Using it for two months and dropping out would be an
    outlay of $58. Using the $9.99 plan for two months and dropping out
    would be an outlay of $70 (rounded) including the cancellation fee.
    *However* the $29 amount is for a single app, and the $9.99 amount is
    for both Photoshop *and* Lightroom.

    What you are calling an "annual" plan and a "monthly" plan are plans
    in which you pay once a year or once a month...just descriptions of
    the payment options. They are not descriptions of the obligation you
    have to continue to use the program(s).

    Even if you pay once a month, in all but one plan you will still owe
    money for the months after your cancellation until the end of the
    agreed contract period.

    It took some digging to find out what that cancellation fee is, but it
    is 50% of the remaining contract obligation.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 10, 2014

  2. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Yes, to download the original trial, one must create an Adobe ID and
    go to download. The download a second trial, one must create another
    Adobe ID with a second email address (which most of us have) and go to
    download. Really difficult.
    Anything does, including the first one.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 10, 2014

  3. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Oh. So you have no experience whatsoever with supermarket samples
    being restricted in number? How do you know, then, that they will
    mind if you take more than one?

    Just making things up as usual?

    Tony Cooper, Feb 10, 2014
  4. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Nope. Go look up "extended" and "renewed" and come back when you
    understand the words.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 10, 2014
  5. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    note the two sections, one for month-to-month and one for 12 months.
    which plan to choose is a financial decision.

    it's not one of ethics, as you originally claimed.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  6. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    just as i thought, you still don't understand.

    to get a second trial, one must do *more* than just create another
    adobe id.
    so does arguing for the sake of arguing. what's your point?

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  7. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    i understand the words quite well.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  8. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    i guarantee that if you partake in more than one or two samples, they
    are going to ask you to stop and possibly make you pay for what you
    ate.

    supermarket samples is *not* 'a free meal, eat until you're full.'

    it's 'a free sample so you might buy a product you otherwise would not
    have bought. there's some right here and more in aisle 8.'

    not only that, but people even get kicked out of all you can eat
    buffets if they stay for hours and keep eating and those even *say*
    'all you can eat'.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  9. Wildlife Sensitive

    hjmler Guest

    week or 3 ago someone was bitching that we hadn't had a
    good flame war inna long time... don't know if this one is
    really "choice" good or just canners & cutters soup meat
    but what it lacks in subtlety and intelligence it makes up
    for in harshness and interminality... the op should be pointed
    to the free copy of CS2 and one of several morphing plug-ins
    so we can move on to a new flame-worthy inanity :)

    hjmler, Feb 10, 2014
  10. Wildlife Sensitive

    Sandman Guest

    No, you didn't. It's still quoted above. no "if" or "then" in your claim.
    Then you should have said it was.

    Sandman, Feb 10, 2014
  11. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    You guarantee? What does this guarantee entail? can I take it to the bank?
    surely that depends on how full you were wen you entered the
    supermarket.
    That's it's intent, but that's not what it is.
    They would be entitled to a full refund.

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  12. Ah! flame wars ain't like they used to be in my day, no siree. This
    pointless spat is neither funny nor a learning experience. I pray it
    ends soon.

    --
    p-0.0-h the cat

    liar, total ******* retard, shill, and scouringerer.

    By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

    Signature integrity check
    md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

    p-0''0-h the cat (ES), Feb 10, 2014
  13. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    Are you seriously arguing that labour should not be rewarded?

    Maybe they make it easy so you don't try other software instead?

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  14. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    I have Professional quality photo editing without paying for it.

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  15. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    It's not.

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  16. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    I think he means that semi-functional PDF reader made by people who
    also do that often dodgy flash plugin

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  17. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    I must have missed that. What From: line did they use on their posts?

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  18. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jasen Betts Guest

    You're not being particularly understandable.
    To get a first trial one must do *more* than just create an adobe id.
    What's your argument?

    My point is what's unsaid has not been said.

    Jasen Betts, Feb 10, 2014
  19. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    yes. go try it. grab as many samples as you possibly can and let us
    know how well it works out for you.
    then what is it?
    definitely not.

    they are required to pay for the food they ate.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  20. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    where in the world did you get that idea?

    if you want to use the apps, you must pay for it. end of story.

    you don't get to mooch off someone elses labour because you don't feel
    like paying for it.
    what they're *not* doing is giving it away for free.

    you get a *trial*.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014