    you're going to have to pay.

    some apps also have a time limit per launch, so you can't just leave it
    running all the time to avoid hitting the limit.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014

  2. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    so what? that ability exists now, which is all that matters.

    if you want an extended trial, pay the $10 or whatever is needed for
    the apps you want.
    there has never been an offer of second trials. i don't know where you
    came up with that nonsense.
    the only bullshit is what's coming from you.

    not only did i explain that it's blocked, but i explained how. do try
    to keep up.
    adobe can draw lines for themselves (and have). they certainly don't
    need your help.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014

  3. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    does everything need to be explicitly spelled out??

    it's a *trial*, which means you can evaluate it for a period of time,
    which in this case is 30 days.

    it's not a free version that lasts forever that you just have to keep
    renewing every 30 days unless you pay for it.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  4. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    you might be working on an assumption, but not everyone is.

    you get one 30 day trial. you have to expend some effort to get a
    second trial. that alone should be an indication that you aren't
    entitled to more.
    maybe not explicitly but since you can't just request a second trial,
    it's obvious it's 'forbidden'.
    wrong, as usual.
    *completely* irrelevant.

    it's well known that a cd is renewable.
    including verifying anything you say.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  5. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    they care enough to make it harder than simply supplying a second
    email, so obviously they do care.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  6. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I think I was wrong about the Wambaugh reference. In _The New
    Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional Usage_ it's
    attributed to Peter Maas in the book "Serpico" (page 63 if you have
    the book) and defined as "When a policeman sleeps on duty".
    "Attributed to...", in this case means the first appearance seen in
    print. Many slang terms are used long before they get into print.

    I suspect that police slang terms - like other slang terms - vary
    across the country and maybe even from house to house.

    I recently accidentally banged a supermarket shopping cart into
    another car in a parking lot. I waited for the owner and offered him
    my insurance information. He waved it off saying his car was just a
    humpty and another dent wouldn't make any difference.

    I'd never heard a car called a "humpty", but evidently this is what
    people in Philadelphia call what I'd call a "junker" or a "jalopy".

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  7. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    And I don't know where you came up with the idea that I said there was
    an offer for a second trial. I said it's a possibility that one can
    be obtained.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  8. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I've been thinking about this, and decided to go on record for certain
    things that I think are possible, but that I don't endorse:

    It would be possible to:

    Donate money to the Ted Cruz Presidential Campaign Fund.

    Set my car radio station selector to the station that airs Rush
    Limbaugh.

    Tell my daughter-in-law how to better raise her children.

    Watch a reality show featuring any Kardashian, a race to lose weight,
    noodling, or a house full of former minor celebrities who are
    on-camera 24/7.

    Buy Glenn Beck's latest book.

    Subscribe to nospam's Twitter feed.

    Join a club for people who participate in S&M, bondage, or bestiality.

    Buy and hang a Thomas Kincade painting in my living room.

    Tell my wife that her housecleaning chores are done inefficiently.

    Attempt to swim the Bering Strait in the nude.

    Buy a season ticket to the dog fights.

    Take a PETA worker to a dog fight.

    Spoof the TSA by sticking a large clump of clay marked "Gelignite" in
    my underpants and attempting to board an airplane.

    Walk up and down the aisle in Coach on an airplane brand-spotting and
    claiming to a market survey analyst.

    I'm sure there are several other things that I think are possible, but
    that I don't endorse, recommend, or intend to do.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  9. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Haven't I read in this newsgroup that it's been recommended to sign up
    for Creative Cloud, but to drop the service after a few months if it
    is not deemed to be useful?

    Yet, the Adobe offer says "Requires annual commitment; billed
    monthly".

    In other words, what has been suggested here is a violation of the
    agreement one enters into in signing up for CC. Where are the ethics
    of that?

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  10. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    While it's not at all uncommon for you to contradict yourself, try not
    to do it in the same post. People will notice.

    It's either "of course it can be done" or it's "a second try will
    fail".

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  11. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I wouldn't know. *You're* the one having trouble with the supermarket
    sample ladies.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  12. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    No one has suggested that a 30 Day Trial can be extended or renewed.
    Try to keep up.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  13. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jon Donnis Guest

    you make baby jesus cry

    Jon Donnis, Feb 10, 2014
  14. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    of course a second trial can be obtained.

    a pirated serial number can also be obtained, which will be less hassle
    than getting multiple trials.

    those who want to use software without paying will find a way.

    those who want to pay for what they use will pay for it.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  15. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    what they notice is your inability to understand much of anything and
    continue to babble, thinking that you do.
    since you need everything spelled out explicitly, here it is, and i
    have a feeling you *still* won't understand:

    a second trial will fail.

    however, someone can intentionally work around the block put in place
    to prevent multiple trials, if they are so motivated.

    so yes, it *can* be done, but it takes deliberate effort.

    i don't know why you have so much trouble with things that are obvious.
    either you are dense or you just want to argue. maybe both.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  16. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    how can anyone else know what you have read??
    whatever you may have read, you obviously did not understand.

    adobe offers both annual and month to month plans.
    nothing of the sort.

    if someone wants an extended trial period, they can sign up for the
    *monthly* plan.

    it costs a little more than with an annual commitment, but the user can
    cancel at any time. that's why it's called month to month (reiterated
    because you have difficulty with the obvious).

    and even if they do sign up for the annual plan, they can still cancel
    before the year is up, however, there will be an early termination
    penalty. there's nothing unethical about that. there is only a
    financial hit in paying the penalty.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  17. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    actually several people have, including you.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  18. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    the only person i have trouble with is you, and my supermarket doesn't
    have samples anyway.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  19. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    the fact that a second trial is blocked should be a very clear
    indication that it's limited to *one* trial.
    they don't offer multiple trials.

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014
  20. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    no, which is why i said 'some apps use...'

    Guest, Feb 10, 2014