    somewhere else?

    <Remainder, consisting of duck attempting to assure us that he does
    understand the law, snipped>

    J. Clarke, Feb 9, 2014

  2. Wildlife Sensitive

    J. Clarke Guest

    Objection, counsel is testifying.
    Whether I think it's "OK" or not is irrelevant. You are arguing that
    you know the "intent" of another person based on their actions. Can you
    demonstrate for the court your ability to read minds, officer? What am
    I thinking? What is the judge thinking? What is the bailiff thinking?

    J. Clarke, Feb 9, 2014

  3. Wildlife Sensitive

    J. Clarke Guest

    That's odd. On the Adobe site it just says "Free membership", one of
    the benefits of which is "30-day trials of all apps".
    Again you claim inside knowledge of Adobe's reasoning. Are you a mind-
    reader? Can you provide similar knowledge of the judge's reasoning?
    How about that of counsel for the defense?
    Fresh? Only different.
    When you know for sure get back to us.
    Why don't you try it since it is of such vast concern to you?
    At least you couched that one as opinion. Perhaps you _are_ capable of
    learning.

    J. Clarke, Feb 9, 2014
  4. Wildlife Sensitive

    J. Clarke Guest

    Why do you keep harping on reading the EULA? We are arguing a point of
    law here, not whether any particular individual participating in this
    discussion has performed an act that you consider to be wrongful.
    You really need to ask Adobe's marketing department about that. None of
    us are mind readers except, apparently, _you_.
    So according to you someone saying that "it is possible to shoot the
    President" means that one has endorsed doing so?

    J. Clarke, Feb 9, 2014
  5. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Cooping - slang for an on-duty police officer sleeping in his patrol
    car.

    Its even in the dictionary.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cooping
    and a newspaper reference:
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...2RSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xHsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6579,4504194

    I think I came across it in a Joseph Wambaugh novel, but I'm not sure.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  6. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    It looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's
    probably a duck.

    Both of us, and the others involved, are working on assumptions when
    it comes to Adobe's position on a second download of the trial
    version. You've quoted line-after-line of Adobe's requirements, but
    failed to come up with anything from Adobe that says that it is
    forbidden to download a second trial or that Adobe is particularly
    interested in cracking down on this.

    Your defense seems to be that "it's a 30-day trial" as if something in
    that term actually forbids doing it again. The secondary defense is
    that it's (what ?) to use a second email address to sign up for an
    Adobe ID.

    I've used (what ?) there because I don't know what word to use. I
    can't use "fraudulent" because fraud is a criminal act, and we've
    ruled this out. I can't use "forbidden" because Adobe doesn't say
    anywhere that this shouldn't be done.
    Both sides are working on assumptions, and doing so because it fits in
    with their position, and doing so without evidence or proof.

    This is really a pretty ridiculous claim as a defense, and I'm sorry
    to see you pull a nospam and use such tissue-thin logic.

    Go to your bank and buy a 6-month CD (Certificate of Deposit). You
    will find that you can roll it over in six months or that you can buy
    another one. The number of days or months in the phrase only
    indicates the number of days or months that the initial terms require
    or promise. There's no additional meaning of what can be done later.
    Like Adobe, I am not concerned enough to do anything about this.

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  7. Wildlife Sensitive

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Where do you up with the distasteful and unacceptable bit?
    Duck! What's happened to you? I've mentioned what happens when you
    lie down with dogs, but you seem to have been bitten by something that
    has deprived you of your senses.

    Saying something is "possible" is an implied endorsement of that?

    If I say that it is possible murder someone, rob a bank, drive under
    the influence of alcohol, etc, am I endorsing these acts?

    If I say that one of those things are possible, is that advocating
    that it should be done?

    While I said that downloading a second trial is possible, I'm neither
    defending nor objecting to it. Frankly, I don't care. And,
    observation tells me that Adobe doesn't seem to care very much.

    BTW, it is possible to excessively use sharpening in post, it is
    possible to shoot at a very high ISO setting when it is not necessary,
    and it is possible to ruin a good capture in post-post processing.

    Do you agree? If so, are you endorsing these actions?

    Tony Cooper, Feb 9, 2014
  8. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jax Guest

    Savageduck..... Adobe Reader is freeware. There's nothing unethical about
    using that without paying. Think about it!

    Jax, Feb 9, 2014
  9. Wildlife Sensitive

    Shadow Guest

    Adobe Reader ? Wassat ?
    Anyway, this thread has drifted way OT

    Subject was something about morphing.
    []'s

    Shadow, Feb 9, 2014
  10. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jax Guest

    Savageduck..... if you're not discussing freeware then please stop cross
    posting to the freeware group. Think about it!

    Jax, Feb 9, 2014
  11. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jax Guest

    Savageduck..... you are being impolite. Try to understand!

    Jax, Feb 9, 2014
  12. Wildlife Sensitive

    Jax Guest

    Jax, Feb 9, 2014
  13. Wildlife Sensitive

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/9/2014 8:32 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
    If your statement was accurate, nobody would ever be convicted of any
    crime. Think about it.

    PeterN, Feb 9, 2014
  14. Wildlife Sensitive

    Shadow Guest

    Death penalty for pirating software in some African countries.
    BD loves death penalties ..... and I don't think he likes
    Africans too much.
    So this is a win-win situation for him.
    And you too, Ms Canard a l'orange Sauvage.
    Maybe you and BD could arrange a meet. Bring condoms.
    []'s

    Shadow, Feb 9, 2014
  15. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    adobe has.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  16. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    they might not mind two, but the point is that they are not offering a
    free meal.

    it's a *sample*. if you grab a dozen helpings, they aren't going to be
    too happy with you.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  17. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    no, actually i don't wonder why. you do it because you have a stick up
    your ass and have nothing better to do than argue for the sake of
    arguing.
    why do they need to state the obvious?

    it could be that they trust their clientele to do the right thing
    despite not spelling out every little detail.
    then where do you draw the line? two trials? ten?

    if you allow two trials, there will be someone who wants a third. if
    you allow three, there will be someone who wants a fourth. etcetera
    etcetera.

    adobe gives you *one* trial. that may not be enough for everyone but
    that's just how it is.

    the goal is to sell software, not allowing a renewable free trial until
    someone makes up their mind. that much should be obvious, but
    apparently not everyone understands it.
    of course it can be done.

    copy protection and trial limitations can be circumvented by those who
    are so motivated.

    that doesn't mean it's ok.
    actually, they don't. a second trial will fail.

    they're not as stupid as you make them out to be.
    and that loss is less than what it would cost to make the copy
    protection stronger.

    there will always be a small subset of users who will get past anything
    put in place, no matter what it is. you'll never get 100% piracy free.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  18. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    it's also possible to use photoshop without paying for it at all. there
    are ways around adobe's activation.

    any copy protection can be broken. some are fairly simple and others
    not so much.

    if someone wants more trials than what they're legitimately allowed to
    have, then they can do that, but why bother? if they want to use the
    app without paying for it, just activate it with a pirated serial.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  19. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    more ad hominems, which means you can't refute what i said. this is
    also not about me or what i have or haven't done, no matter how hard
    you try to twist things into what it isn't.

    there need not be a sign at the movie theater or supermarket saying one
    movie or one sample per person. it's *obvious*.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014
  20. Wildlife Sensitive

    Guest Guest

    some trials are as short as 15 minutes and others have no time limit,
    but are limited by a certain number of launches.

    what's your point?

    a trial is a trial.

    it's not way to get something for nothing. you don't get to keep
    renewing it because you haven't yet decided. if you really can't decide
    in 30 days then it's probably not for you.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2014