  1. I'm looking for a piece of freeware to covert OGG files to MP3 files. Most
    sites offer downloads but with limited conversions. Thanks in advance for
    the help.

    Seymour Butts, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Seymour Butts

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Thanks....I'll give it a shot.

    Seymour Butts, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Seymour Butts

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Nov 6, 2003
  5. Seymour Butts

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Nov 6, 2003
  6. No can do Mike. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I got all the plugins for
    Irfanview. I can open and play an OGG file. But I can't find a way to
    convert the file to an audio format (MP3, WAV, etc.) so that I can play it
    on my stereo. Any help is appreciated.

    Seymour Butts, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Couldn't find anything on this site....thanks anyways.

    Seymour Butts, Nov 7, 2003
  8. Seymour Butts

    °Mike° Guest

    Sorry, I thought IrfanView could save the .ogg file to .mp3.

    Try:

    CDex
    http://www.cdex.n3.net/

    °Mike°, Nov 7, 2003
  9. Thanks Mike....cdex does the trick....it converts the OGG files to WAV
    files.....now I'll just simply convert the WAV files to MP3 files.....do you
    know if there's an audio difference between WAV and MP3 formats? If not,
    maybe I'll just keep everything as WAV format.

    Seymour Butts, Nov 7, 2003
  10. Seymour Butts

    Harrison Guest

    If you're burning them to CD, leave them as waves. Nero and others
    convert mp3 to wav as they burn.

    Harrison, Nov 7, 2003
  11. Seymour Butts

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Do you mean audible difference? MP3 is a lossy format which seeks to
    screen out "redundant" info in the wav and thus be 5-10 times smaller
    in filesize. Above 192 kbps mp3 should be indistinguishable from the
    original WAV to most people.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Nov 7, 2003
  12. Seymour Butts

    gangle Guest

    gangle, Nov 7, 2003
  13. Seymour Butts

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. Jimmy Dean has already answered your
    question about the formats.

    °Mike°, Nov 7, 2003