    has a fairly low spec computer and only a dial up 28 k line. Any
    suggestions.

    regards

    Don, Dec 26, 2004

  2. Don

    [BnH] Guest

    irfanview.com =)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Dec 26, 2004

  3. Don

    Mike F Guest

    Give him a pointer (or copy of ) irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.com )
    and take a look at the article on "batch-resizing images with irfanview
    by Dwayne Alton" as a starting point for a worksheet you could give
    him to run through his pictures. The tutorial is at
    http://www.netoffices.com/articles/imaging/batchresize.htm
    he would probably be OK with either a copy of the article printed out
    to work from or maybe you could simplify it somewhat to give him
    a simple workflow.

    mikey

    Mike F, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Don

    Ryadia Guest

    Really good product which will also index every photo on your PC for uou is
    Picassa from Google. It does the same job as Irfanview without the
    navigation hassles of Irfanview. Both are free. I use both but for sending
    email photos, you can't go past picassa.

    Doug

    Ryadia, Dec 26, 2004
  5. Don

    Leana Guest

    Try "Image Resizer" free from Microsoft, Downloadable from the "Powertoys
    for Windows XP". While it is ONLY for XP, it is very easy to use. Just find
    your photo, right click and choose "resize" and it will create a reduced
    copy of the original image, several sizes available, just pick one and
    click, new smaller image created in the same directory as the original,
    with ("small" )added to the original name.

    Leana, Dec 27, 2004
  6. Don

    Don Guest

    Folks, thanks for all your suggestions. Have a happy new year.

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Dec 27, 2004