  1. Ive signed up with AOL as they seem to offer more support.
    BT dont want to know either so I may change phone company too.They can sing
    for their money.

    richardbardsley, Nov 22, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    AOL are WORSE THAN FREESERVE! You've now signed up to a "content provider"
    that will get you in all SORTS of trouble! And even they won't protect you
    from a drive-by install of malware!

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Out of the frying pan into the fire is an appropriate phrase I think!

    get yourself a PROPER isp.

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2005

  3. richardbardsley

    TNKEV Guest

    It gets better every day!

    AOL..............BWAHAHAHAHAAA!

    WELL RESPECTED........?!?........BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!

    this guy has got to be a troll.

    TNKEV, Nov 22, 2005
  4. AOL are a well respected,well established ISP that are known for their
    customer support.
    Ive had plenty of recommendations from friends, so I suspect you are talking
    out of your arse.

    richardbardsley, Nov 22, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    No not at all. Once you get the AOL crapware installed on your machine, you
    will have the devil's own job to get it off. It invades EVERY corner of your
    PC. Some people lump it in with spyware and malware, it's that bad and
    invasive.
    If your "friends" have recommended it, are they all like you?

    Don't touch it with a barge pole, unless you want to be a slave to AOL for
    the rest of your compuring career.

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    Oops - too late I see......

    RIP.......

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    The Wanderer Guest

    Then I hope you'll be very happy with them.

    He who argues with a fool risks confusing the onlookers as to who is the
    bigger fool.......

    The Wanderer, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Can anyone recommend another phone company other than BT.

    richardbardsley, Nov 22, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    old jon Guest

    It`s OK Gordon, you`re nearly right. He`s in the puree up to his nostrils.
    AO`ell.

    old jon, Nov 22, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    Gordon Guest

    Fraid you're stuck with 'em unless you've got NTL in your area......

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2005
  11. richardbardsley

    Evan Platt Guest

    Don't lie.

    It's obvious you don't have any friends.

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2005
  12. Hi Richard,

    For more info log on to the tinyurl below here.

    http://tinyurl.com/crsmc

    Good Luck, ☺[email protected]☺

    *[email protected]*, Nov 22, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    old man Guest

    Personally I've used BT for my phone, not as an ISP, for years. I've had few
    problems, when I had they were allways dealt with quickly.
    I also used BT ISDN, once again the few problems were dealt with quickly.
    If you are having a problem with broadband, this can often be as a result of
    configuration issues not just with the line/modem but the PC.
    Many issues are also nothing to do with the ISP but are computer related,
    which is nothing to do with the ISP.
    In your case you have simply 'spewed forth' without mentioning what was the
    initial issue, other than a ref.to support, which could be anything.

    old man, Nov 22, 2005
  14. Their homepage is pretty good too.

    richardbardsley, Nov 22, 2005
  15. richardbardsley

    Dave Lear Guest

    If you can find a telephony provider that doesn't legally require its
    customers to pay for the services they've used let the group know, you hear?
    :)

    Dave Lear, Nov 22, 2005
  16. richardbardsley

    Evan Platt Guest

    And neither are we.

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2005
  17. richardbardsley

    Evan Platt Guest

    AOL has a hidden IQ test. They don't allow anyone with an IQ over 70
    on. You obviously... ahem.. passed. Congratulations.
    Apparently your apostrophes are lost too.

    Evan Platt, Nov 22, 2005
  18. We recommend you have Service Pak 2 installed before switching to AOL.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Nov 22, 2005
  19. What is sevice pack2?

    richardbardsley, Nov 22, 2005

  20. It is called Service Pak 2. It has all the newest patches all in one
    package. We *highly* recommend that you install it prior to the installation
    of AOL.

    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Nov 22, 2005