    It's only you that gets it because you are presenting your own number
    on the outgoing trunk.

    Take the dog for a walk up the hill...

    Graham., Oct 27, 2013

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Not you as well !! - drives my wife crazy less/fewer etc etc.....I really
    know better, not thinking

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Yeah!, got it - I think, changed 'Voip caller default DP' from 2 to None
    under 'PSTN Line' that seemed to do it, Ringback now works no caller ID
    displayed but it's a start !

    BT is going to get really annoyed at me continually calling 17070 ringback -
    but it's better than walking up the hill - no dog BTW, and it's getting very
    windy hihi !!

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013
  4. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    Can you post a screenshot of your "International control" at the foot
    of the PSTN Line tab?

    Graham., Oct 27, 2013
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Just came of the phone with my father (54 minutes!), it seemed to work quite
    well a bit of quantization ? and a little quite but ok. Incidentally caller
    ID displayed ok on my mobile phone running cSipsimple, but still not working
    on the normal land line dect phone via the 3102 FXS port.

    Here is a capture of the said PSTN Line tab
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3751/10515214445_97d8584fbf_o.jpg

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message

    "Graham." wrote in message

    Can you post a screenshot of your "International control" at the foot
    of the PSTN Line tab?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Just came of the phone with my father (54 minutes!), it seemed to work quite
    well a bit of quantization ? and a little quite but ok. Incidentally caller
    ID displayed ok on my mobile phone running cSipsimple, but still not working
    on the normal land line dect phone via the 3102 FXS port.

    Here is a capture of the said PSTN Line tab
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3751/10515214445_97d8584fbf_o.jpg

    Dave.

    - Another school boy error, quiet not quite - roll eyes !

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013
  7. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    Much the same as I have, but you might want to try "detect polarity
    reversal"=yes if incoming if the SPA does not release the line in a
    timely manner after an incoming call.

    Play around with the two gain settings till you get a nice balance,
    mine are set at 0 & 6, I think you can go negative if you want.

    In the regional tab under distinctive ring patterns I have changed
    Ring1 Cadence to a British
    60(.4/.2,.4/2)
    Not only does it sound more familiar, it also helps a little in
    reducing the delay before the extension starts to ring, or so it
    seemed to me.

    I have made various notes about other matters that you may or may not
    have already addressed.

    eg. How to enter an SMTP server address so Freepbx can email you your
    voicemail.

    Various file locations so you can do some manual housekeeping, I have
    to keep an eye on the call recordings because they could fill my 4GB
    card if I'm not careful.

    There's a patch you need to do if you want to upload large files as
    system recordings for announcements and music on hold.

    Just ask if you need help with any of that.

    Graham., Oct 27, 2013
  8. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I have made most of the changes you've suggested. File locations would be
    helpful, I've found the recording but would be nice as you say for some
    'housekeeping', clear CDR records etc I have a 8GB card and it's saying 48%
    full.

    The biggest problem I have is no caller ID on the phone, it shows ok in the
    CDR records but not the phone. I've tried loads of different configurations
    still no go. The phone is a French dect phone but it has worked fine with BT
    for many years (I assume the CID firmware would detect / work everywhere)

    Everything else seems to work thus far. One thing I did notice is my fathers
    CID displays in the CDR as 01234-567 8901 (number changed!) with the
    hyphen and space ? this makes it difficult to put into an inbound route ?.
    BT's 17070 ringback number shows the normal 080012345678 with no spaces or
    hyphen.

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 28, 2013
  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message

[...]

    Just sorted the caller ID set Caller Id method to DTMF(Finland,Sweden) and
    Caller ID FSK Standard method to Bell 202 and it worked ! - Very strange.

    All I need to sort now is the CID format ....

    Dave, Oct 28, 2013
  10. Dave

    ßodincus Guest

    France uses a different method to pass the CLID than the UK.
    Most of the European countries do.

    http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

    This might help:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/administration/guide/ATA_AG_v3_NC-WEB.pdf

    Look at page 154 for a start.

    Basically you need the SPA3102 to translate the CLID it received from
    your BT line into the ETSI CallerID for your french phone.

    ßodincus, Oct 28, 2013
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Many Thanks for the very useful links, What I don't understand is the phone
    works fine on the BT line ? also I think the phone, a Alcatel which is
    marketed here by BT under there branding.
    What it might be is the volume is very loud for the dial tone and that being
    high may distort the FSK CID burst after the first ring when it's set to
    ETSI with PR (UK) - just a hunch.

    Dave, Oct 28, 2013
  12. Dave

    ßodincus Guest

    France uses a different set of parameters for the line (impedance and
    capacity) too. Have a dig in that PDF and try tweaking that, and then
    the gains.

    You only need to work on the FXS side (User 1), don't touch anything on
    the FXO (Line 1): if the PBX receives a CLID from the SPA3102 that bit
    is OK.

    ßodincus, Oct 28, 2013
  13. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Ah ok, all I 'fiddled' with is the Regional tab, at the bottom under
    Miscellaneous .

    Dave, Oct 28, 2013
  14. Dave

    ßodincus Guest

    If you say the tones are loud the line impedance is very likely wrong
    for the phone you're using.
    You're not making it easy for yourself tho...

    ßodincus, Oct 28, 2013
  15. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I know, it's not easy - change - try - change back again !. The PDF has been
    very helpful though !

    I've reduced the dial tone from the Regional Tab under Call Progress Tones -
    Dial tone then the -19db reduced to -22db and it's better.

    Next problem, there is no date+time on the caller ID display on the dect
    phone - as I had with BT, should there be ?

    Dave, Oct 28, 2013
  16. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    Incidentally the cards I am using are only 4GB and cost £2.73 from
    Ebay.
    They are fast cards, in fact they are not SDHC as recommended, just SD
    but they perform very well in this application.

    According to the notes I made you can clear all the CDR data by SSH
    into the root prompt, then:
    mysql -p
    Enter root password again (raspberry)
    use asteriskcdrdb
    DELETE FROM cdr
    exit

    Not tried it, source:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=698136

    If you want to remove call recordings, I find it convenient to remove
    entire directories, as the structure is year/month/day

    So, for example, if you wanted to remove all today's recordings you
    could issue:

    rm -r /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2013/10/28

    Likewise you could delete an entire month, or even year. The directory
    structure appears to be self-healing when next written to.

    As I mentioned you can only upload relatively short audio clips for
    announcements and MOH until you change some defaults.

    nano /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

    It's a big file, use the search facility in nano to find & change:

    upload_max_filesize = 20M (was 2M)
    and also

    post_max_size = 20M (was 8M)
    After this you need to restart Apache:

    service apache2 restart

    source: http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/calling-on-gsm3g-networks/

    Graham., Oct 28, 2013
  17. Dave

    ßodincus Guest

    I'm not sure, does the French standard delivers the time/date with the
    CLID info?

    You said your phone was showing CLID OK before, when directly connected
    to the PSTN, so why not try to deliver the CLID using the BT standard?

    BTW, is your PSTN line with BT or on another provider? Cable uses a
    different (again) standard, verify.

    To answer all these questions, look at the first link I've sent you and
    dig deeper looking at the links referenced there.

    I've long given up on PSTN, so my memory on all this is a bit hazy.

    ßodincus, Oct 29, 2013
  18. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Yes, when we had the phone in France it displayed date & time + CID ok.
    Also the same here on the BT PSTN line CID + date & time all ok. When I set
    the 3102 to the UK standard it doesn't work - weird.

    I'll look into the links some more , I'm getting there slowly ! - thanks
    mainly to all the help from here..

    Dave, Oct 29, 2013
  19. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." wrote in message

[...]

    All worked ok CDR erased etc. Any ideas how to swap around CallerID name and
    number ?. I've got callerID working (with date & time!) BUT the trunk name
    is displayed first. On a single line display this is not very useful, It's
    being sent but I can only see it after the call (pressing ID and then OK on
    the phone twice). I set Bellcore under the regional tab incidentally, the
    phone blankly refuses to work on the UK setting.

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 30, 2013
  20. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" wrote in message

    "Graham." wrote in message

[...]

    At Last ! - just got callerID to work with the UK setting phew,, I lowered
    the ring voltage from 85 to 70 and it worked - yeah.

    I still have the problem of displaying trunk name first though :-/

    Dave, Oct 30, 2013