  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Stupid auto spell checker ! ;-)) OCCURRED :)

    Dave, Oct 19, 2013

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for the clarification, So that would explain why I can only see the
    router and not the FreePBX box ?. So if I changed the address to another
    private address range to 10.0.0.1 for example this should work ? if the
    wi-fi network is already using the 192.168.1.0 range ?.

    Bit a pain with 3G not working at home, where the FPBX is located, overall
    3G is a bit scant here in Cornwall at best - we can get superfast broadband
    mind you, I could get ~38Meg...

    Anything else I should doing or can try ?

    Dave, Oct 20, 2013

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Yes sorry, I tend to reiterate sometimes. What it all boils down to is
    having is it all works perfectly over wi-fi locally but it would be
    incredible useful for it to work externally over VPN remotely - have the
    home phone ring my phone extension etc over 'free' wi-fi' or 3G (when I can
    get it), just the problem of getting it to work. I think you're right, it's
    the IP address that are stopping it connecting. I'll 'play' some more..
    Thanks for all you help by the way, and I'm sure there are a lot of people
    that view these threads will find it useful as well !

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 20, 2013
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi Alex, The VPN is within the Draytek, I could use OpenVPN running on a
    separate router running DDWRT connected to the Draytek and forward port
    1192 to that, then forward to FreePBX via DDWRT..

    Dave

    Dave, Oct 25, 2013
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I'm running FreePBX on a Raspberry PI so should have the horsepower to run
    OpenVPN as well ? - I'll look into it.

    I'm not sure why the Draytek doesn't want to play, I can login and it's
    setup pages and access the internet via it over the VPN but not access
    FreePBX, I think it could be an issue with subnets. I can only try this out
    when I'm not at home as I have no 3G or another 'outside' internet
    connection .

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Good point, I turned off Fail2ban but I think iptables is still running.
    I'll try turning off iptables ?

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013