    MJP Guest

    Needs decent aerial

    MJP

    MJP, Apr 5, 2006

  2. MJP

    Jean Guest

    I've just bought a FREECOM DVB-T USB STICK to receive freeview channels on
    my pc. I've tried everything to get a signal but still nothing even though
    freeview is available in my area. Everything has installed ok so I know its
    not that. Does anyone know anything about these gadgets and any ideas how to
    get a signal?.....................Jean

    Jean, Apr 5, 2006

  3. MJP

    Jean Guest

    How decent?

    Jean, Apr 5, 2006
  4. MJP

    MJP Guest

    http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h824.htm

    The throw-out aerial provided is small and only really useful where you have
    a strong TV signal. In other locations, you should try to plug in a standard
    coaxial feed from a roof-mounted antenna; an adapter is supplied. This may
    restrict the places you can use the Stick when you're on the move, but it's
    still a very useful solution for anybody who wants a second TV in a study or
    home office.

    http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/prl_14810026/100066613.html

    Cons : Poor reception, supplied aerial is useless !
    Just got one of these for my daughter who is at Uni for use with her laptop
    I honestly don't know why the aerial attachment is supplied, as I have been
    unable to get any reception whatsoever, whether indoors or outdoors.

    The small print say that this product should be used in conjunction with a
    roof aerial to ensure the best reception, which makes a nonsence of the
    blurb which states:
    "You will be amazed how such a small stick allows you to access free digital
    TV and radio signals including teletext wherever you are"

    Not Recommended

    MJP, Apr 5, 2006
  5. MJP

    Peaches Guest

    Exactly what is not functioning?
    Have you scanned for channels?
    You will have received an onscreen
    message after scanning that:
    "No signal"?
    "Multiplex not found"?
    Etc etc.

    Peaches, Apr 5, 2006
  6. MJP

    Jean Guest

    I can get the screen up ok but in the bottom right corner it says no
    signal. I've tried scanning but no channels come up!

    Jean, Apr 5, 2006
  7. MJP

    Peaches Guest

    Then it is a reception problem or possibly a fault?
    Assuming you have a freeview STB attached to TV
    and can receive broadcasts? If so try attaching that
    (rooftop?) aerial to the freeview stick.

    Peaches, Apr 5, 2006
  8. MJP

    Dan Evans Guest

    Hows the antennae connection?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 6, 2006
  9. MJP

    David Guest

    They work fine with a good signal from a rooftop aerial. That's all you can
    say. They're not very sensitive and you'd have to be sitting next to a
    transmitter to get anything through

    David, Apr 6, 2006