Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
    thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.

    Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
    (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
    FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
    call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
    redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
    free rather than hours ! - lol!).

    In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
    however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
    minutes no more free calls were permitted!).

    Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
    / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

    What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
    VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub £5 per month
    (preferably substantially sub that mark).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Aug 23, 2006

  2. News Reader

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    I have just started using http://www.freetalk.co.uk/ @ £6.99 p/month
    unlimited UK landline/National calls. subject to re-dialing @ 60 mins.

    Well happy with it. Quality is good, no drop outs etc.
    http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 23, 2006

  3. News Reader

    paul123 Guest

    yes, strange things happening there..... Certainly aint doing what it's
    supposed to.

    paul123, Aug 23, 2006
  4. News Reader

    News Reader Guest