FreeBSD Application/Network Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Llewellyn Angus, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Hi Everyone...

    I have a problem, I have just been reconfiguring my network, and I have
    started receiving this problem... even when I start something like mpg123...

    TOP Output...

    PID USERNAME PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE TIME WCPU CPU COMMAND

    232 root 2 0 1428K 1008K connec 0:00 0.00% 0.00% mpg123

    The program will stay in this state for ages, before finally running...

    I have been told it may be a DNS problem, but I think everything is
    fine... Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

    file "/etc/rc.conf",
    hostname="vpr-svr-001.viperit.internal"
    defaultrouter=192.168.0.1
    ifconfig_dc0="inet 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0"
    named_enable="YES"

    file "/etc/resolv.conf",
    domain viperit.internal
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 212.159.11.150
    nameserver 212.159.13.150

    uname -a
    FreeBSD vpr-svr-001.viperit.internal 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE #0:
    Tue Jul 20 14:06:50 BST 2004
    :/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

    Best Regards
    Llewellyn

    Llewellyn Angus, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Llewellyn Angus

    Tech Guest

    You are posting your question in the wrong NG. There are lots of Linux
    related newsgroups out there... they should be your first stop.

    I can describe support from the Linux community as extensive, exhaustive,
    timely, and accurate!

    Tech, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Llewellyn Angus

    philo Guest

    you do have dhcp enabled, right?

    btw: that's a pretty old version you have they've made quite a few nice
    improvements over the last year or so

    philo, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Llewellyn Angus

    Josie Terry Guest

    Why are you people stealing my computer space
    Why cant you get a job and buy your own computer
    why are you tapping into someone elses system??????????????????????

    Josie Terry, Jul 21, 2004