    Who knows such a service??

    thanks in advance,

    //H

    [email protected], Aug 9, 2005

  2. H@rro

    Steve Loft Guest

    Steve Loft, Aug 9, 2005

  3. H@rro

    Dexter Guest

    Don't take very much to make you happy then I wouldn't recommend
    Sipgate to my worst enemy .

    Dexter, Aug 9, 2005
  4. H@rro

    Steve Loft Guest

    <shrug>

    Of course, you're absolutely right, it doesn't take much to make me
    happy: 100% reliability at zero cost, that's all it's taken.

    Steve Loft, Aug 9, 2005
  5. H@rro

    r_mervart Guest

    As I am also interested in the Voicemail can you please be more specific
    about the reliability. How long have you had an account? Had you not have a
    single failure including German speaking voices I read about etc?
    Roman

    r_mervart, Aug 9, 2005
  6. H@rro

    MrLover Guest

    MrLover, Aug 9, 2005
  7. very nice that you've been very happy with them, but you cannot upload a
    ..wav file which is player
    when someone reaches the voicemail. this is mainly where I have to use it
    for.

    //H

    [email protected], Aug 9, 2005
  8. H@rro

    Steve Loft Guest

    Not long, to be honest, less than a month. The only "problem" I've had
    is the weird mixture of voices (in English) when you call the answering
    service. But it's free and it's a geographic number, so it suits my
    purposes.

    I've had no complaints from anyone unable to contact me (and anyone
    calling my number would let me know if they'd had problems), and I've
    never been unable to retrieve my voicemail.

    Steve Loft, Aug 9, 2005
  9. H@rro

    Steve Loft Guest

    Ah, right, sorry. I thought you'd be able to play the .wav down the
    phone and record it that way.

    Steve Loft, Aug 9, 2005
  10. H@rro

    Dexter Guest

    When you have had an account with them as long has I had then come
    back here and talk about 100 reliability at zero cost for starters how
    can you talk about reliability when the voicemail has not been
    reliable from the word go . If you are getting Sipgate for zero cost
    have they started giving calls to every phone in the world for NOTHING
    now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

    Dexter, Aug 9, 2005
  11. H@rro

    Steve Loft Guest

    I'm sorry, if I'd known you had a reading disability, I wouldn't have
    used long words like 'reliability'.

    I haven't paid Sipgate a penny. Who said anything about making calls?
    We're talking about voicemail.

    Steve Loft, Aug 9, 2005
  12. You mean by dialling 50000 then 0, 1 ?

    Strangely iirc I know how to get a rockwell-based modem to play wav
    files down a phone line, (if it's one whose firmware allows you to use
    the decompress audio command).

    Mind you, it only works with PCM unsigned linear iirc. (can't remember
    the rate, was getting on for 10 years ago that I last did it).

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 9, 2005
  13. Well, as far as making calls, looking at the sipgate 1000 section of my
    account and billing page:

    State active
    valid until: 30.08.2005 00:16
    Extended: automatic
    Calls: 91
    used: 943 Minutes
    remaining: 57 Minutes

    And I haven't had a problem with a single minute of it.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 9, 2005
  14. H@rro

    GOLDSTAR Guest

    voicemail.

    sipgate are crap face it lofty, try a reliable and decent voip provider such
    as vonage dot co dot uk

    GOLDSTAR, Aug 9, 2005
  15. H@rro

    Ivor Jones Guest

    And *another* one from 81.110.218.193 eh, Stefan..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 9, 2005
  16. H@rro

    Sean Guest

    Mines now got no minutes left, they've gone in 5 days

    Sean, Aug 9, 2005
  17. H@rro

    Sean Guest

    Can someone confirm this to me.. If i sign up for Vonage.. Then cancel..
    Do i get charged £23.99 or not? I wish to use my own hardware

    Sean, Aug 9, 2005
  18. H@rro

    Dexter Guest

    By own hardware you mean a Vonage router from Staples I presume
    then you will be charged 9.99 and providing you cancel within 14 days
    you will get your money back .

    Dexter, Aug 9, 2005
  19. H@rro

    Sean Guest

    I mean using a PAP2 i bought, its not from Staples. And what if i want
    it for a month, and then want to leave? It states they give all
    customers free hardware, but i dont want it! I'm confoozed

    Sean, Aug 10, 2005
  20. H@rro

    Dexter Guest

    They will send you a pap2 (they do not GIVE anything) which you have
    to return before the 14 days are up then they close your account and
    give you your refund . Now if you intend using an unlocked PAP 2 then
    from what Vonage cus support told me earlier this evening it cannot be
    used in the UK at the moment for a Vonage connection . I was thinking
    of getting one has I am giving thought to a third Vonage line now I
    have got shut of Sipgate .

    Dexter, Aug 10, 2005