    I'm looking for a provider like Sipgate, but a U.S version that will provide
    me with a free U.S number. Any suggestions?

    Gareth

    Gareth Evans, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Gareth Evans

    Tomek Guest

    I'm looking for a provider like Sipgate, but a U.S version that will provide
    You can get a free U.S. number in 360 area (Washington State) from
    www.ipkall.com . However, it's not a provider, you can use your current
    provider with this number.

    Tomek, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Gareth Evans

    paul123 Guest

    Stanaphone.com give you a free incoming number and fax2email as well

    paul123, Dec 11, 2005
  4. Gareth Evans

    Dexter Guest

    Hell fire what an awful name to be confronted with when one first
    boots up in a morning especially a Sunday morning .

    Dexter, Dec 11, 2005
  5. Gareth Evans

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Yawn, reaches for more beer and sandwiches....

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    I only see the morons posts when someone replies to them!

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Gareth Evans

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <[email protected]___hotmail.co.uk>
    wrote in message
    Sorry, I can't help it sometimes..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005
  8. Gareth Evans

    Gareth Evans Guest

    Thanks, that seemed to work well.

    Gareth

    Gareth Evans, Dec 11, 2005
  9. Gareth Evans

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Call quality is good as well. I don't know where they make their money,
    but it's a good service.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Dec 11, 2005
  10. Gareth Evans

    nayna

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    nayna, Feb 26, 2008
  11. Gareth Evans

    snabee

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for guideline here

    One question though, would my X-Lite downloaded flrom SipGate.co.uk work with this US number or would I have to make any changes in that?

    Cheers!

    snabee, Nov 22, 2008
  12. Gareth Evans

    AnotherFred

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    It seems that the proceeds of the charge paid by the caller is spread out amongst all the companies that handle the call. IPKall get paid a pittance per call for terminating (ie providing the end point in the circuit switched system) them.

    The same appears to happen in the UK, especially as far as calls to mobiles are concerned.

    AnotherFred, Nov 26, 2008