    bit) and removal of rc1.

    I have rebooted, used disk tools, etc - but no luck - nothing is in the
    recycle bin.

    Guest, Nov 6, 2006

  2. Well, its not even a valid upgrade scenario. I would recommend running Disk
    Clean up, empty temporary file folders.

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Nov 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    bradbn4 Guest

    Sure it is a valid update - Microsoft RC2 did a full install while
    moving all my files to the "old" directory for RC1.

    I removed the old directory structure which was not under the newly
    installed version. It just never freed up the disk space.

    --> Windows
    --> Windows.old

    Removed / deleted the windows.old - with shift key and verified that
    the trash can was empty. The amount of space for the old copy of
    windows was never released.

    bradbn4, Dec 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    bradbn4 Guest

    I tried that - I did get back 2 gig of space - not the 20+ gig
    expected.

    I fear that the only way to get the space back is to format the driv
    and re-install. Lets say -while I use RC2 (64 bit) almost every day
    I think I will pick up another copy of Windows XP pro with a vist
    option and reload this machine. When Vista hits its first major patc
    kit in a year - I will consider installing that software.

    This OS has some nice features - but I think I like XP Pro a whole lo
    better, esp for the price performance. I have zero luck getting Hal
    life 2 to work - and this computer is setup more for games than it i
    for work.

    Bradbn4 - having fun in colorad

    bradbn4, Dec 22, 2006