    Since Microsoft offer a free service to remotely access someones pc to
    assist them, I wonder if any free software exists to access this hard drive
    remotely? Thanks for any advice.

    john bently, Dec 23, 2009

  2. john bently

    Mike Easter Guest

    'modem' in this context must mean a cable modem with an integrated
    switch/router wired with or without wireless. Knowing its brandname and
    modelno would be useful to me to understand its capabilities and
    troubleshooting.

    WD external in this context must mean a network ready external hdd.
    Knowing its modelno would help me know its capabilities.
    'cable connected' in this context would presumably mean ethernet.
    I have very little idea what browser/website technique you went about
    that resulted in the Mionent result.

    Tell the modem/router/switch brandname & modleno; tell the WD hdd
    modelno.

    Mike Easter, Dec 23, 2009

  3. john bently

    chuckcar Guest

    And you both know *exactly* how to prevent anyone else on the internet from
    accessing this hard drive as well?

    chuckcar, Dec 23, 2009