    Unless Kerio decides to change the pay version, it's stealing, no matter
    how you rationalize.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Franklin

    Art Guest

    Art, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Oh man. you're breakin my heart.
    Well i guess i'll always have rock n roll at least

    Brett Michaels From Poison, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    It kinda pisses me off, as I just purchased Personal Firewall in August.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Franklin

    Fred Guest

    Sorry, but you can't steal what isn't for sale. ;)

    Fred, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    OK, Fred. You come out of your house and find your car missing.

    According to your logic, you can't report it stolen, because
    it wasn't for sale.

    Did I miss something?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  7. Franklin

    Fred Guest

    Not the same thing -- my car was never for sale in the first place, and
    then removed from the market for no reason.

    Fred, Sep 13, 2005
  8. Franklin

    Mel Guest

    LOL!

    Mel, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    If you're gonna make a stupid remarks, I'll play along...

    1) Your car's for sale and, for no reason, you decide not to sell it.
    According to you, someone has the right to steal it. Is that correct?

    2) How do you know Kerio removed it from the market for no reason.

    Mind you, at this time, I'm not real happy with Query. I paid full
    price for Personal Firewall, in August, only to find out they're
    discontinuing the product in September.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  10. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    Ooops! That was "... not real happy with Kerio."

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  11. Franklin

    alvin Guest

    I just checked and mine is 2.1.5

    It's always worked, so I never followed what was happening at Kerio.
    What's the deal with them ? They going belly up or just the
    norton/mcaffee corporate sleazoid route ?

    alvin, Sep 16, 2005
  12. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    As I posted, earlier in this thread, I paid full price for Personal Firewall,
    in August, only to find out they're discontinuing the product in September.

    After writing to Customer Service, this was their response:

    "Our decision to discontinue KPF is based on a refocusing of our company towards
    our 2 flagship products, Kerio MailServer and Kerio WinRoute Firewall."

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 16, 2005
  13. Franklin

    alvin Guest

    LOL. Thanks, but anyone got the real dirt ?

    alvin, Sep 16, 2005
  14. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    And what do *you* think "the real dirt" is?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 16, 2005
  15. Franklin

    Fred Guest

    For (1) a car is a tangible item but software isn't, so that's the diff.

    Fred, Sep 17, 2005
  16. Franklin

    Notan Guest

    Software isn't tangible, huh?

    Then how do you explain all the software CDs that I own?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 17, 2005
  17. :For (1) a car is a tangible item but software isn't, so that's the diff.

    You posted several days into the conversation and you left out
    all context. Please recall that readers may not be using threaded
    newsreaders, and that their server may have expired the article
    you were replying to (or might not happened to have received the
    article at all.)

    The missing context was a discussion about whether it was acceptable
    to take items that were "not for sale". Some people had made the
    distinction about items that had been withdrawn from sale as being
    fair game. The posting to which you were replying was saying,
    approximately "Okay, so suppose you had put your car on sale and
    then withdrew it from sale: does that make it okay to steal your car?"

    In your reply, by virtue of qualifying phrases that you did -not-
    put in, you have removed the layer of distinction about whether the
    item had ever been offered for sale, and have implied that it is
    always acceptable to steal anything that is intangible. Or to
    phrase it in the more common fashion, "How can it be stealing if
    you still have the original?"

    Walter Roberson, Sep 17, 2005
  18. Franklin

    Fred Guest

    Software is not a car, which makes it okay. If you can't see that,
    then that's your loss. End of story as far as I'm concerned (I can see
    I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here).

    Fred, Sep 18, 2005
  19. Franklin

    Reg Edit Guest

    Seems like you have been doing that for too long already ..... my
    diagnosis is PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE.

    Reg Edit, Sep 18, 2005
  20. :Software is not a car, which makes it okay.

    Which makes *what* okay? We need context or specific subjects
    or verbs for referential pronouns such as "it"!

    Be explicit. Are you saying that it is your belief that it is
    acceptable to steal software, on the grounds that software is not
    a car?

    If you are saying that that is your belief, then are we to
    understand that it is your belief that it is acceptable to steal
    everything other than cars? Diamonds, fine wine, baby elephants?
    How about SUVs -- they aren't cars? And interestingly, PT Cruisers
    aren't cars either: apparently they have a wheelbase 1/2" wider than
    the maximum allowed for a car, specifically so that they would be
    classified as light trucks and so not have to abide by the gas economy
    regulations that apply to cars.

    You used the word "intangible" in a previous posting. Are you
    indicating that it is your belief that it is acceptable to steal
    anything intangible? Software, music files, DVD contents, patents,
    trade secrets? Electricity? Is it okay to "cut and run" on bills from
    mechanics, tailors, plumbers, lawyers, doctors, landscapers? As long
    as you pay them for any raw materials, it's okay to stiff them for the
    "intangible" use of their knowledge, skills, and labour?

    :End of story as far as I'm concerned (I can see
    :I'm hitting my head against a brick wall here).

    You aren't hitting your head against a brick wall: we're just asking
    you to explain what you mean. We aren't asking you to justify your
    position: we don't understand as yet what your position *is*.

    Walter Roberson, Sep 18, 2005