    they must give your goods to a blind sloth driving a postal truck
    making deliveries. I've been waiting now for three weeks for something
    that suppose to take 3 to 8 days. Standard shipping my ASS!

    Nicolas The Great, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Nicolas The Great

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Wouldn't that be a post office problem? Seems like once B&N put your stuff
    on the delivery truck it's kind of out of their hands.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Nicolas The Great

    M.B. Guest

    It's called book rate. The post office offers this very cheap postage
    and this is precisely what you get generally from places that offer free
    shipping, unless otherwise stated. It can take a couple of weeks to
    ship something.

    M.B., Aug 28, 2004
  4. Nicolas The Great

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Call 1-800-THE-BOOK and see if BN will resolve your problem.

    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Aug 28, 2004
  5. It's sometimes difficult to know just what the Post Office is up to.
    I received several dvd's in recent months from the US (I live in
    Canada) and they usually take about a week with postage under 3$, but
    just the other day a dvd came from Seattle and it took almost 3 weeks
    with the same postage as the other. Alternatively, I get dvd's from
    France and they don't take longer than a week. Go figure.....

    PL

    Paul Lefebvre
    [email protected]*removethis*sympatico.ca
    Visit my website!
    http://www.geocities.com/joeyp99

    Paul Lefebvre, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Nicolas The Great

    Stan Brown Guest

    The idea with media mail (formerly "fourth class", I believe) is
    that it moves on a space-available basis. The effect is that it
    takes somewhat longer on average than first class or Priority Mail,
    but there's A LOT more variability in shipping times, even between
    the same two points. (In my MATH200 class, I would say that the
    standard deviation is very much greater for media mail compared to
    first class.)

    If you're in Canada, you have to add in the variability of customs.

    Stan Brown, Aug 28, 2004
  7. Nicolas The Great

    M.B. Guest

    Ahhh...I wondered why media mail (thanks for the specification; I
    couldn't remember the exact name) would often vary in delivery times. I
    guess that makes sense now.

    The lesson to be learned, though, is that if you don't have the patience
    to wait for something, don't opt for the free shipping unless it's free
    second day, priority, etc. shipping.

    M.B., Aug 28, 2004

  8. I order computer hardware from a place called Newegg.com and
    when they ship stuff for free it's at my door within 30 hours
    or less. The next time I order something that's coming from
    back East thought I'll pay extra for shipping. I don't mind
    waiting 8 days really I don't but what gets me is the place
    where you buy it from doesn't even want to help find your
    goods after they ship it really sucks.

    Nick

    Nicolas The Great, Aug 28, 2004
  9. Nicolas The Great

    M.B. Guest

    Newegg generally sends FedEX on their shipments. Which means they have
    tracking capabilities. But when you have something shipped media rate,
    there is no tracking. So once Barnes & Noble gives your order to the
    USPS, there is no way for them to track it down. There's also no way
    for the post office to track it down either. That's the hand off for
    getting stuff sent via media rate. If you want a guarantee, you have to
    send it UPS, FedEX, or priority mail with tracking confirmation.

    M.B., Aug 28, 2004
  10. Nicolas The Great

    Stan Brown Guest

    I thought media-mail tracking was available, but usps.com confirms
    what you said. Delivery confirmation is available, but not tracking.

    Stan Brown, Aug 29, 2004
  11. Nicolas The Great

    camroy Guest

    I have had both good luck and bad luck from Barns & Noble. You can track
    the stuff on the comuter so there isnt any real big surprises where the
    stuff is at.

    It also depends which house they ship it out of. If it comes from the NV
    one, I have to wait a while longer it seems being in WV. But some comes
    from NJ or through Tenn it seems pretty fast. I have gotten things 3
    days after I order it and sometime 3 weeks. It comes not only through
    post office but also partial post.

    I have had some problems where they have sent me completly the wrong
    orders a few times and their books and dvds dont always come in perfect
    order (broken bindings, broken dvd containers or riped plastic covers.)

    But with my discount card, free shipping, and no tax, hard to find
    availabilty, its overall is worth it on low end small realese items.

    camroy, Aug 29, 2004
  12. yeah, that all makes sense, and now that I think of it, I pay about
    15Euros shipping per dvd from france, I guess that's why they get here
    faster than it takes for a birthday card to get next door.

    Paul Lefebvre, Aug 29, 2004

  13. I finally found where my good are. The Postal Service finally
    tracked it and it's in Bell, CA on it's way to my address here
    in Southern Nevada. It's should be here by Wednesday or Thursday.
    Damn pony express!

    Nick

    Nicolas The Great, Aug 29, 2004
  14. Nicolas The Great

    Jordan Lund Guest

    I thought their prices being higher than everyone else WITHOUT
    shipping was enough for people to steer clear...

    - Jordan

    Jordan Lund, Aug 31, 2004

  15. You're right their prices are very high but it was the only
    place that had what I was looking for. Every other place
    online were sold out.

    Nick

    Nicolas The Great, Aug 31, 2004
  16. It takes that long to walk next door? ;-)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Sep 1, 2004
  17. Nicolas The Great

    bad Guest

    On Huskies, On, On!
    Regards Buddy B