    some can record the audio from an audio & video feed, such as a live
    program. I'd love to try this for the coming hockey season too.

    Thanks!

    Kyle :o\), Aug 7, 2007

  2. Kyle :o\)

    Old Gringo Guest

    You might find something here:
    http://all-streaming-media.com/record-audio-stream/

    Old Gringo, Aug 7, 2007

  3. Kyle :o\)

    Daave Guest

    Streaming Download Project:
    http://sdp.ppona.com/

    Daave, Aug 7, 2007
  4. Kyle :o\)

    Tony Guest

    audacity
    I've never tried it with streaming audio, but I think it will record
    anything playing on your computer. Audacity is free, open source software
    for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft
    Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.

    Anyway it is a great program. I have used it to covert music on video I
    have saved from youtube, as well as old vinyl records and audio tapes to
    MP3.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Tony, Aug 7, 2007
  5. Kyle :o\)

    Pennywise Guest

    To add, If audacity records what plays, use VLC to stream the
    broadcast http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (under File, Open network
    stream)

    Pennywise, Aug 7, 2007
  6. Kyle :o\)

    Tester Guest

    There's High Criteria's Total Recorder but that has to be paid for to
    work correctly. (I believe if it's not registered it inserts annoying
    sounds.)

    There are several programs which will download Real Audio or Windows
    Media Protocol directly including Mass Downloader (30 days trial), Net
    Transfer (shareware), and Streamworks VCR (cracked and patched beta -
    the company was sued by Real and went out of business so there's no
    one to collect the money or to work on the program to make it work
    with newer servers.

    I believe there may be some open source programs which work with mms
    (Windows Media Player)

    Of course, the easiest is when you have something like an HTTP/MP3
    stream. There you can just use a file download program. Linux open
    source programs like Wget and Curl and their Windows ports work
    perfectly well for an HTTP stream.

    Tester, Aug 7, 2007