Free photo organizer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Onno, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Onno

    Onno Guest

    MyAlbum.

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/

    So what is MyAlbum ?

    A free picture cataloger for building easily digital photo albums.
    Runs under Windows 95/98/Me/NT4/2000 and XP.
    Build self-running "all-in-one" albums.
    Supported picture formats JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, animated GIF, TIFF, TGA,
    PCX and WMF files. Supported video formats AVI, MOV (QuickTime), MPEG
    (all the video formats supported by the Windows Media Player). Other
    format : HTML (IE 4 or above needed). Comment and keywords can be added
    to each picture. Searching on file name, comment or keyword.
    Full screen display, zoom, unzoom, fit to screen.
    Manual, automatic, random and multiple slideshow with background music.
    Easy printing of the thumbnail pages and the pictures.
    Poster printing on several sheets of paper.
    Build contact sheets and HTML pages (online demos: Film strip,
    Automatic slideshow (IE 5.5+) and Metal). Easy convert, resize of the
    pictures. Special features for building CDROM album.
    Extracts information from images taken with digital cameras.
    Integrated script tool (VBScript, JavaScript, Perl,...).
    Screen saver to play albums when PC is unattended.

    Onno, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Onno

    AArDvarK Guest

    Try these:
    http://www.irfanview.com/ also, get the plugins
    download for it, they both install separatly
    http://www.xnview.com/ with this one, get the
    full package for more functions
    Alex

    Does anyone have any experience with a free digital photo organizer, where
    you can search in and add metadata of the jpeg files?

    I'd like a program where I easily could add metadata such as keywords to
    what's in the picture, and possibly change the name of the file itself,
    instead of doing it in explorer.

    Benjamin

    AArDvarK, Feb 3, 2004