Free performance tester for flash memory?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Anonymous Remailer (austria), Oct 22, 2010.

  1. Anonymous Remailer (austria), Oct 22, 2010

  2. Anonymous Remailer (austria)

    John Doe Guest

    You wouldn't spam us, would you?

    John Doe, Oct 22, 2010

  3. Can you recommend a performance tester for USB flash memory? Preferably
    You could try.....

    HD Tune:
    http://www.hdtune.com/

    h2testw:
    ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2testw_1.4.zip

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 22, 2010
  4. Anonymous Remailer (austria)

    RustY © Guest

    Try O&O defrag - works for me.

    RustY ©, Oct 25, 2010
  5. Anonymous Remailer (austria)

    PeeCee Guest

    "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" wrote in message

    Can you recommend a performance tester for USB flash memory? Preferably
    freeware.

    I tried Vconsole's flash tester but its performance reporting is too
    basic.

    http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=13

    I've used HD Speed to benchmark USB memory sticks.
    http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
    Does both read / write tests, burst rate, logs and you can vary the block
    size as well.
    No install required, portable, just run the exe.

    I tend to go through quite a few USB memory sticks setting up new clients
    backups.
    HD Speed has been very handy finding out which brands give the best
    performance for the buck.
    It's also shown you can't beat an external USB hard drive for speedy
    backups.

    I also found it handy for burn in testing suspected faulty ones.

    Note you need to run it as an administrator in Vista/Win7.
    (right click, run as..)

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Oct 29, 2010