    english, and an english program download file. And don't forget the
    plug-ins.
    DonB

    DonB, Mar 5, 2004

  2. DonB

    Dangermouse Guest

    There is also the Win32 port (if Win32 is your thing) of The Gimp.

    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

    Dangermouse, Mar 5, 2004

  3. DonB

    Allistar Guest

    Dangermouse wrote:

    > There is also the Win32 port (if Win32 is your thing) of The Gimp.
    >
    > http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

    I use The Gimp solely - for web design and general image manipulation. I
    highly recommend it. I used photoshop once last week (it had one filter
    that wasn't in The Gimp) and I found it very hard to use - it just didn't
    work like The Gimp.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Mar 5, 2004
  4. DonB

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:33:59 +1300, Allistar wrote:

    > I use The Gimp solely - for web design and general image manipulation. I
    > highly recommend it. I used photoshop once last week (it had one filter
    > that wasn't in The Gimp) and I found it very hard to use - it just didn't
    > work like The Gimp.

    The Gimp does not work like any other programme, GUI wise. Menus are via a
    right mouse click. ;-)

    Gordon, Mar 6, 2004
  5. DonB

    Brendan Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:15:34 GMT, DonB wrote:

    > After looking at Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro, I have been
    > pointed to a very good FREE french program that does just about all of
    > it, and elegantly.........Photofiltre
    >
    > Google it. It's in french, but there is a tutorial of sorts in
    > english, and an english program download file. And don't forget the
    > plug-ins.
    > DonB

    http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

    Gets you a google translated english version of the site.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole lot of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

    Note: All comments are copyright 6/03/2004 5:50:15 p.m., and are opinion only where not otherwise stated, and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 6, 2004
  6. DonB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:00:14 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:33:59 +1300, Allistar wrote:
    >
    >> I use The Gimp solely - for web design and general image manipulation. I
    >> highly recommend it. I used photoshop once last week (it had one filter
    >> that wasn't in The Gimp) and I found it very hard to use - it just didn't
    >> work like The Gimp.

    >The Gimp does not work like any other programme, GUI wise. Menus are via a
    >right mouse click. ;-)

    Yes. I had problems with this after Photoshop but once you adjust
    your thinking, it is a good prog to use.

    GraB, Mar 6, 2004
  7. DonB

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:33:59 +1300, Allistar wrote:
    >
    >> I use The Gimp solely - for web design and general image manipulation. I
    >> highly recommend it. I used photoshop once last week (it had one filter
    >> that wasn't in The Gimp) and I found it very hard to use - it just didn't
    >> work like The Gimp.

    > The Gimp does not work like any other programme, GUI wise. Menus are via a
    > right mouse click. ;-)

    GIMP 1.3 has both normal menus and right mouse click menus.

    -=rjh=-, Mar 6, 2004
  8. DonB

    GraB Guest

    Re: Free Image Editor (made me laugh)

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 23:39:58 +1300, "-=rjh=-" <>
    wrote:

    >Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:33:59 +1300, Allistar wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use The Gimp solely - for web design and general image manipulation. I
    >>> highly recommend it. I used photoshop once last week (it had one filter
    >>> that wasn't in The Gimp) and I found it very hard to use - it just didn't
    >>> work like The Gimp.

    >> The Gimp does not work like any other programme, GUI wise. Menus are via a
    >> right mouse click. ;-)

    >GIMP 1.3 has both normal menus and right mouse click menus.

    http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

    The program(s) might crash unexpectedly or behave otherwise strangely.
    (But of course, so do many commercial programs on Windows.)

    GraB, Mar 6, 2004