Free giveaway of Adobe Creative Suite 2

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Donchano, Jan 11, 2013.

  1. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    This was posted in other tech newsgroups yesterday. So I'm surprised
    to be the first to post it here.

    Adobe is giving away copies of their Creative Suite 2 along with the
    product serial numbers. For Windows or Mac.

    http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

    Including:

    - the instalation package
    - Photoshop CS2
    - Acrobat 3D v1.0 (for Windows)
    - Acrobat Standard 7.0 (Win & Mac)
    - Acrobat 8.0 (Win & Mac)
    - Audition 3.0 (Win)
    - Go Live CS2 (Win & Mac)
    - Illustrator CS2 (Win & Mac)
    - In Copy CS2 (Win & Mac)
    - In Design CS2 (Win & Mac)
    - Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0 (Win & Mac)
    - Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 (Windows)

    Donchano, Jan 11, 2013

  2. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hey, thanks. :)

    I'm new to this stuff (and have a restrictive data cap). If I just want to
    play around with pics can I just d/l Photoshop CS2 and Elements? Maybe
    Illustrator too. Or do I need the 'instalation package' as well?

    Cheers.
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Jan 12, 2013

  3. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    Don't think you need the whole package. Just those components you want
    to use. The complete Windows download is a little over 7gigs (just
    small enough to fit on a DVD). So let me check ....

    Photoshop CS2 is just under 350MB
    Illustrator a little over 640MB
    Elements just under 450MB

    And In Design - a programme I find indispensable for designing and
    laying out things like brochures and booklets - is just under 760MB.

    You see the check-sums for each file in the PDF document you can
    download here:
    http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/MLTI/CS2_install_Win.pdf

    Donchano, Jan 12, 2013
  4. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    If that turns out not to be the case just ping me here - or email me
    at dropzone09 AT gmail dot com - and I can burn the whole lot onto a
    DVD and mail it to you.

    Donchano, Jan 12, 2013
  5. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thanks heaps, I really appreciate the offer. I'll see how I go - got to
    calculate remaining 'quota' and time left until reset.... :)

    Best,

    ~misfit~, Jan 12, 2013
  6. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    For some background on this matter you might wish to read the article on it
    here

    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/01/adobe-almost-does
    -something-amazing-by-accident/

    The, We were only trying to help award for the month goes to Adobe.

    Gordon, Jan 12, 2013
  7. Donchano

    Dave Doe Guest

    I don't really think so. It's an old version of Photoshop/Creative
    Suite. The new version is *way* superior. A different product really,
    it's that much changed and better.

    Dave Doe, Jan 12, 2013
  8. FYI: there's a very good free photo editor out there called PhotoScape
    which I have trialled alongside Photoshop Elements 11.

    I've both installed on my harddrive now. PhotoScape makes some things
    damned easy (e.g. free form rotate, to fix the horizon or verticals on a
    photo), except I haven't been able to figure out a good 'photostitch'
    method. Elements probably goes some way deeper - at least some of the
    tools look that way - but I'm still working my way into learning this
    stuff here, so take that with a grain of salt.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jan 13, 2013
  9. Donchano

    Dave Doe Guest

    There's also PixBuilder Studio which is similar to Photoshop - doesn't
    have *all* the PS functions, but it's pretty damn good fer free.

    http://www.wnsoft.com/

    Dave Doe, Jan 13, 2013
  10. Donchano

    ~misfit~ Guest