    not be so bad if it was a range of ads instead of just one! (and a not
    particluarly good ad at that)

    Maybe if i was better at FPS type games i wouldn't be seeing it so much :)

    Squiggle, Sep 5, 2007

  2. Mickey Mouse

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    So the advertising is only at the end of the game then? I haven't seen any
    yet, but have read somewhere that it is for (and only seems to be about)
    McD's. Is this your experience?

    Mickey Mouse, Sep 5, 2007

  3. Mickey Mouse

    Squiggle Guest

    At every map/scenario load screen. so every time you complete a level or
    die which i seem to be doing a bit of. :)

    And yes, its McCardboard sponsored.

    FarCry is a good game, the graphics are pretty amazing for the age of
    the game. The enemy AI isn't totally unrealistic about the whole stealth
    thing either, unlike some games where the bad guys facing away from you
    instantly turn and fire when you slither out of a doorway 100m away to
    line them up with the snipers rifle.

    Squiggle, Sep 5, 2007
  4. Mickey Mouse

    Donchano Guest

    After registering I tried downloading and was redirected to a page
    that had nothing to do with Far Cry:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/?f=180410

    And the original download page accessed by
    http://www.fileplanet.com/180410/180000/fileinfo/Far-Cry-Full-Game-[Free-Game---Ad-Supported]now
    now contains the following message:

    All downloaded files which have not been activated are going to be
    made inactive through the ubi.com login. Previously, the ubi.com login
    would require a US country in order to install the game. Ubisoft will
    make the ubi.com login reject all entries into country. They hope to
    relaunch the program once we can add IP-blocking into our login
    process.

    Donchano, Sep 6, 2007
  5. Mickey Mouse

    Squiggle Guest

    Rats, glad i got in early.
    I'm sure there will be a crack out shortly to bypass it, or one could
    just go find a cracked version of the original not ad-supported version
    if you feel that way inclined.

    Squiggle, Sep 6, 2007