Free excellent and safe web archive for your pictures - interesting

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dealfinder, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. dealfinder

    dealfinder Guest

    Hey folks,

    I found the below from some newsgroups. Hope that it is useful for
    people.

    AOL Pictures Redesigned (location : http://pictures.aol.com ) - a PURE
    WEB APPLICATION - no download required - offers FREE excellent and safe
    archive of all your digital pictures. All you need to do is signup for
    a Free AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) account or use the one if you
    already are a aim member. The main features that i use it for is

    1) UNLIMITED upload of images of different formats - no size limits
    2) Download all the images that you uploaded in their fullest
    resolution (NO OTHER WEBSITE OFFERS THIS FEATURE). To download back,
    click on Actions->Save to Computer.
    3) All images are private to you until you share the album with your
    friends thru sharing feature and even then, only your friends can view
    the album - so very good privacy.
    4) Share pictures to your friends and they can view them as guest and
    download the fullest resolutions
    5) DHTML magic at works in album view where you can drag and drop and
    rearrange pictures in album - pretty cool.
    5) Optionally, free screen saver tool for pictures and full featured
    activex based editor (the only editor which can do auto redeye
    correction and has other features like auto enhance)
    Give it a try.

    To get a free AIM account - type in below url
    http://https//my.screenname.aol.com...oded=true‚Ć©=en&locale=us&createSn=1&mcAuth=/Bc

    dealfinder, Jul 30, 2005

  2. dealfinder

    wavelength Guest

    Wow, this looks like posting spam to me. Could be wrong.

    Which newsgroup? Where's that link?

    I suppose my "friends" all have to use AIM or AOL too? Yay, more
    guaranteed advertising. I'll stick with my free Google blog. I can't
    really find a reason for one of these accounts.

    wavelength, Jul 30, 2005

  3. dealfinder

    deal geek Guest

    well, seems like a good site. why not try it.

    why do your friends need to use aim or aol ? The posting says that if
    you share your pictures, your friends can view and download them as
    guest that means no sign in required. Tell me which other website can
    provide all this for free.

    Having an aim account is different from actually using it for AIM
    application.

    deal geek, Jul 30, 2005
  4. dealfinder

    Paul Heslop Guest

    you still sound like a spammer.

    Paul Heslop, Jul 30, 2005
  5. dealfinder

    Roy Guest

    What!!

    Something that is miles better than any one else can do, absolutely perfect
    in every way, and it is FREE.

    Then we discover it is from AOL.

    Knew it was too good to be true.

    Roy G

    Roy, Jul 31, 2005
  6. dealfinder

    Paul Heslop Guest

    :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jul 31, 2005
  7. Safe of course until AOL decides to try to pull the same trick as Yahoo
    did a while ago.

    Stephen Poley, Jul 31, 2005