free email provider with unlimited outgoing emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Big_G, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. Big_G

    Big_G Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a free email provider that allows unlimited (or close
    to it) outgoing emails.

    I'm investigating on behalf of an organisation that needs to send out
    emails periodically to all its members. Hotmail, and yahoo have a
    limit on the amount of outgoing emails. G-mail doesn't. However, the
    members that need to send out the email seem to be having difficulty
    adjusting to gmails setup. I'm looking for an email provider that has
    an online web-based interface that is similar to that of yahoo or
    hotmail but does not have a limit on the number of outgoing emails that
    can be sent per day. Well we have about 500 members... so it needs the
    limit can't be less than that.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Big_G, Oct 24, 2006

  2. Could the organisation not run their own mail server?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Big_G

    Meat Plow Guest

    Find a provider that is spammer friendly.

    Meat Plow, Oct 24, 2006
  4. Big_G

    Changstein Guest

    Well, first of all, here's a list of "free" email services:

    <http://www.freecenter.com/email.html>

    Butdoubtless you can Google too. :)

    Now, if you just want to send many messages to a membership list, Meat
    Plow's suggestion is in the right pallpark.

    But your post suggests that you want two-way functionality. So how about a
    SIG (special interest group) list? Now Yahoo has a free SIG service, but
    its limits (10 people per day can be added, for instance) indicate strongly
    that 500 members might be more than the they've anticipated -- however,
    unless all your members are on-line and active, it probably won't come to
    that. You might check out <http://groups.yahoo.com/>.

    You might also contact an organization which maintains a web site in your
    area of interest, and see what can be done re a SIG (if an active member is
    also a member there, so much the better).

    HTH

    Chanstein

    Changstein, Oct 24, 2006
  5. Big_G

    Whiskers Guest

    Are you in fact looking for a 'mailing list' service?
    <http://search.ask.com/web?q=mailing+list&qsrc=0&o=0>

    Whiskers, Oct 24, 2006
  6. Big_G

    keelyfox1

    Joined:
    May 6, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    keelyfox1

    Hi, I am not sure whether to put my reply to your query at the bottom of the page, or at the top. Yahoo Groups would seem to be the answer you are looking for. Your members would all have to subscribe to the list in order to receive the message posts. I recommend they join Yahoo Mail in order to take advantage of the mail delivery options. 'Individual Emails' would be the best option, and I also suggest you make the group 'Announcement Only'.

    Also, a second group could be formed for the sake of friendly chat!

    Kind Regards,

    Keely

    keelyfox1, May 6, 2012