Freddy vs. Jason: JASON WINS

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Doe, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Out from under a rock popped Werebat and said
    Or that there should always be rules.

    Robert Singers, Sep 1, 2003

  2. John Doe

    Werebat Guest

    The great thing about language is that it routinely screws over people
    who think all the rules should make sense.

    - Ron ^*^

    Werebat, Sep 1, 2003

  3. John Doe

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    So you have nothing to add other than a personal attack? Interesting.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Sep 1, 2003
  4. John Doe

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    [ Doc Jeff ], Sep 1, 2003
  5. John Doe

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    If using the standard English convention, one would place it just
    before the last letter thus, he'r.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Sep 1, 2003
  6. John Doe

    Chip Bell Guest

    ..... It's new. As in only a few weeks old, if that. Maybe you're thinking
    of http://www.angryflower.com/aposter.html
    Now in color!

    Chip Bell, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Chip Bell wrote:
    : :
    ::
    ::: :::
    :::
    :::: This is one reason I dislike English. cat's is possessive but so is
    :::: its. Cat's breath, Its breath... makes no bloody sense... :)
    :::
    ::: http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
    ::
    test
    ta!

    :: Thank you! I haven't seen that one in a long time. :)
    ::
    :

    Zeta Reticulae, Sep 1, 2003
  8. John Doe

    Nick Worley Guest

    Except "it's" is short for "it is", which would make even less sense: cat's
    breath, it is breath.

    Nick Worley, Sep 1, 2003
  9. John Doe

    Stephenls Guest

    Or just that the rules should be a bit more simple. In this case, the
    rule is that posessive pronouns don't get an apostrophe. How hard is
    that to remember?

    Stephenls, Sep 2, 2003
  10. John Doe

    Sorcier Guest

    I believe so.
    Now the movie to make is Ash vs. the Cenobites!
    Meyers vs. Pinhead sounds, um, sleep inducing.

    Sorcier, Sep 2, 2003
  11. John Doe

    Sorcier Guest

    The end of a genre is when it goes comedy, right?

    Any votes for the Cat in the Hat vs. the Grinch?

    Sorcier, Sep 2, 2003
  12. John Doe

    Sorcier Guest

    Hell, it routinely screws over people who think language needs rules!

    Sorcier, Sep 2, 2003
  13. John Doe

    Sorcier Guest

    Its easy to forget, actually.

    Sorcier, Sep 2, 2003
  14. John Doe

    Zaltor Guest

    Only if there is lots of who carnage, otherwise not interested. =P~~ ~

    Zaltor, Sep 2, 2003
  15. LOL!!!!

    -RMB

    Rap Master Bard, Sep 2, 2003
  16. John Doe

    Justisaur Guest

    It could be hi's her's and it's. I think it's a stupid rule.

    Hi's pants, her's purse, it's claws.

    ;)

    Justisaur, Sep 2, 2003
  17. John Doe

    Werebat Guest

    I think the title says it all.

    - Ron ^*^

    Werebat, Sep 2, 2003
  18. Jeri Ryan is Seven-of-Nine, if I remember my Star Trek: Voyager at all...

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 2, 2003
  19. Actually, all languages have rules.

    Bryan J. Maloney, Sep 3, 2003
  20. Out from under a rock popped Bryan J. Maloney and said
    Actually all languages have grammar.

    Robert Singers, Sep 3, 2003