    sub-interfaces, for there to be strict 2 Mbps ingress and 64 Kbps egress
    limits applied?

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 27, 2006

  2. Yes, though when I was doing it the default was 56k egress. FRTS doesn't
    have any direct effect on ingress. A trap for young players who would
    decide to shape just one sub-interface and then wonder why all the others
    went belly up more or less.

    Martin Gallagher, Jun 28, 2006

  3. BernieM

    BernieM Guest

    Thanks for the reply Martin.. Yes, a trap for young players ... or older
    ones like me ;-) I've been supporting Frame for five years but had never
    come across this situation before.

    We'd just commissioned a 4Mb BDSL tail and discovered the limits during
    end-to-end load testing prior to having it go into production. The Telco
    couldn't see find a problem and had passed the job up to level-3 support
    before we realised our mistake.

    Rgds,

    BernieM

    BernieM, Jun 28, 2006