    As I don't know anything about frame-relay but I would know the command equivalent to that above.

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    AM, Jul 19, 2005

  2. AM

    Toby Guest

    Hi Alex

    no frame-relay adaptive-shaping {becn | foresight | interface-congestion}

    view current config to see which options you need to negate.

    Extra info

    becn = Backward Explicit Congestion Notification
    becn is recieved if any queue in the frame-relay cloud exceeds a
    predefined level and the router will back off transmission speed.

    foresight = a Cisco proprietry congestion avoidance system. Where BECN is
    used to respond to actual congestion, foresight is used to avoid congestion
    in the first instance. If a PVC is heavily used foresight will ask it to
    back off. If a PVC is lightly used foresight will let it continue. BECN on
    the other hand is indiscriminate.

    interface congestion - works only with local interface congestion where
    BECN/Foresight work over the whole frame relay Cloud.

    N.B. Foresight might not be available even using Cisco kit throughout the
    cload. It is rarely forwarded from a public backbone (if ever?) even when
    the backbone uses it.

    I have included the above info as you stated you did not understand
    frame-relay operation. I hope you find it useful.

    regards

    Toby

    Toby, Jul 19, 2005
  4. AM

    AM Guest

    Hi Toby,

    as when I write "no frame-relay adaptive-shaping" followed by each option the router doesn't display anything in "sh
    run" I think that that is the default so there is no needing to specify the statement "no frame-relay adaptive-shaping"
    as it is the default.

    Thanks for you detailed explanation.

    Alex.

    AM, Jul 21, 2005