    would of course need a method that did not delete any needed photos.

    Thank you.

    Morton

    mort, Feb 14, 2005

  2. I have found that keeping track and storing my digital photos by their
    creation date, and not the numerical sequence, is most useful. just use what
    ZoomBrowser does automatically and you'll be satisfied.

    Bye.

    David Sommers, Feb 15, 2005

  3. mort

    Guest

    mort wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a new Canon Digital Elph S500, which uses CF cards. In using

    my
    > 512 MB card, I have deleted many photos that were not good enough. I
    > noticed that deleting a frame reduces the frame numbers by one, but

    does
    > not reduce the JPEG number. For example, my CF card now has 52

    frames,
    > but JPEG numbers to 118.
    >
    > Is there any easy way to delete each JPEG number that has a frame
    > deleted? In that way, the suffix of the JPEG number will be the same

    as
    > the frame number, simplifying storage and keeping track of the

    photos. I
    > would of course need a method that did not delete any needed photos.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Morton

    The best way to accomplish this, is to re-number the pictures as they
    are copied from your memory card to your computer.

    My freeware utility, DIM : Digital Image Mover will accomplish this for
    you.

    It can be downloaded from http://www.alanlight.com/dim/Dim.htm

    Enjoy!

    , Feb 15, 2005
  4. mort

    mort Guest

    Hi Alan,

    Thanks a lot for the very helpful suggestions.

    Regards,

    Morton

    mort, Feb 16, 2005