FPGA - Offset in/out values

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Irina I. Kuznetsova, Oct 2, 2012.

  1. Irina I. Kuznetsova

    Irina I. Kuznetsova

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello,

    I'm working on a VHDL project using Xilinx ISE 14.1 and I'm facing some troubles with Timing Constraints.

    As far as the Period constraint is asked there's no problem, I understand it; what's bugging me is how to choose the offset in and out constraints: I've never done it before and I don't know why I should care about them too.

    So far I have tried randomly, reading what the Timing Report says (like "the minimum allowable offset in is...") and acting accordingly, but I'm not fully satisfied.

    Any help?

    I copied this post in the VHDL newsgroup but I'm unable to delete this one here

    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    Irina I. Kuznetsova, Oct 2, 2012