    before, please let me know how you got rid of the wizard,
    cheers.
    TG

    timgallantree, Sep 23, 2007

  2. timgallantree

    dadiOH Guest

    Does the wizard give you a choice to install software but *without*
    the "this time only" modifier? If yes, I'd take it.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 23, 2007

  3. timgallantree

    PeeCee Guest

    TG

    Usual fix for this sort of problem is to uninstall all the software and
    drivers related to the Webcam (add remove programs & System in the control
    panel)
    Unplug the webcam
    Reboot the computer
    Run the Webcam install CD 'first' and plug the camera in when the software
    tells you.
    Iif it doesn't wait untill all the software is installed before plugging the
    Webcam in.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Sep 24, 2007
  4. Thanks Paul. Just tried that, uninstalled the software, rebooted, re-
    installed the software, rebooted, it asked me to plug the camera in, i
    did, the system try bubble said 'new hardware found' clicked 'next' in
    the software wizard and then it said 'camera unplugged'. The new
    hardware found wizard started up again and round and round we go....
    if anyone has any other ideas, let me know? My PC doesn't seem to
    acknowledge certain devices plugged in to USB ports - my new SatNav
    when plugged in doesn't show up in any of the drives in My Computer.

    timgallantree, Sep 24, 2007