Forwarding London number to NYC?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Stefan, May 9, 2005.

  1. Stefan

    Stefan Guest

    I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    which is forwarded to my NYC mobile number.

    I looked at but that requires a PC. I want people to be able
    to call me even from their mobile phones in London, and it would just
    be a local call for them.

    Does such a service exist?

    Stefan, May 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. I'm looking for a service which allows me to have a local London number
    Not really. You can set up your Lingo account to forward to any
    number you want. You have to do the setting up from your web browser,
    but once it's set up, the forward happens at Lingo's switch, and the
    terminal adapter they provide doesn't need to be plugged in or turned
    on. (I just unplugged mine and called myself to check.)

    On the other hand, if you spend any amount of time at your office, and
    you have a broadband connection there, I would suggest connecting the
    Lingo adapter and plugging a phone into it, and setting it up so that
    the phone and your mobile ring simultaneously. That's what I do. so
    if I'm in the office I can answer the phone and not use up mobile

    If you want to call people in London back, Lingo considers that to be
    a free local call from your Lingo phone, while your mobile carrier
    will likely charge ripoff mobile international rates.

    John R. Levine, May 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Stefan

    B.M. Wright Guest

    Here are just a few suggestions, the one will give
    you flexibility of changing the routing, it's free, and actually helps
    the community. Out of the three you may want to try that
    first and if it works for you then I'd use that. (completely free 0844/0845/0870/0871/07031
    numbers and incoming call revenue goes to back to the
    commnunity in the form of free outgoing call minutes) (free, but static, 870 number) (pay for service, high call cost to callers)
    B.M. Wright, May 9, 2005
  4. Stefan

    appan Guest

    Yes the service exist.
    How many minutes/month you may terminate ?
    The rate depends up on the volume of minutes
    appan, May 9, 2005
  5. Stefan

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    You can get the "Unlimited in-state" plan with a NY number from for $9.95/month and add on a UK incoming number for
    $1.95/month, and then just turn on call forwarding.

    Miguel Cruz, May 9, 2005
  6. Yep. you can use our centrex service to do this.

    Peter Gradwell, May 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.