    the body of the message and not as an attachment (which seems to be the
    default)?
    ....Art

    turboart, Sep 14, 2006

  2. turboart

    Whiskers Guest

    If I knew that I could tell the AOLers who persist in forwarding me emails
    that have been forwarded to them by people to whom they were forwarded by
    someone else, etc, etc, ... mostly in HTML of course, and with 'embedded'
    images that are no longer in the location the HTML is looking for so they
    are no longer visible in the message even if I manage to get the code to
    'render' legibly .... <small groan of annoyance> ... the 'joke' tends to
    fall flat if it takes an hour to work out what it is, even if it was a
    good one fifteen steps back up the chain of emails all called "Fwd: Fwd:
    Fwd: Fwd: ..." <aaarrggghhh>.

    Ahhh, glad I got that off my chest. Thank you :))

    ('Forwarding' of emails is mostly not a good idea).

    Whiskers, Sep 14, 2006

  3. turboart

    turboart Guest

    In other words, you're telling me to live with it cuz there aint no
    fix. Grrrr...
    ....Art

    turboart, Sep 14, 2006
  4. turboart

    Whiskers Guest

    Never having used AOL, I can't say that - AOL might know, but you won't
    find 'them' in a newsgroup.

    Not using AOL's email software, would be one way of ensuring that at least
    you are able to choose software that does the job reasonably well, even if
    like the rest of us you still have to put up with correspondants who don't.

    Whiskers, Sep 14, 2006