Format spec for .jwl files?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SF, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. SF

    SF Guest

    And now for my second question of the day....

    Is anyone aware of a source for the file formats for the jewel case
    (.jwl) files created by Adaptec ECDC 4 and/or Roxio 5?

    I'm considering whipping up a little program that will extract the
    track data and write it to a tab-delimited or text file. From what I
    can see just by casually examining the files, I can probably reverse
    engineer the format to get close enough for personal use.

    However, I expect I'm not the only person who could use such a widget
    and I was considering releasing it as freeware. Software that's not
    perfect but quite acceptable to the coder who just wants to whip
    something up to save a little cut-and-paste time becomes a worthless
    piece of crap to the typical downloader, so I'd like the thing to work
    reasonably well "right out of the box" as it were.

    Please respond to the group(s). The Hotmail address is a spam bucket
    that's rarely checked.

    SF, Jul 25, 2003