Format C drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kipper, May 2, 2010.

  1. kipper

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-05-02, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > kipper <> wrote in
    >
    >> A friend informed me that she has 23 viruses on her computer. They
    >> won't even let her connect to the internet in order to vet some anti
    >> virus software. If I format her C drive and then reinstall her
    >> software, will it remove the viruses?

    > That all depends. Can you tell the difference between a virus and a
    > trojan?

    Shouldn't be too difficult; a virus is too small to see whereas a Trojan
    is someone who's been dead for three thousand years.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 4, 2010

  2. kipper

    The Henchman Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2010-05-04, The Henchman <> wrote:
    >>

    >> "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <hBBDn.20424$2>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man a Seegar!

    >> That makes sense.
    >>
    >> I Thot Whiskers wanted to virus friend to switch to Linux, but if s/he
    >> has
    >> all those malwares installed on windows, they don't seem to be the type
    >> use Linux.

    > I'd say that someone who can't keep a Windows system free of malware is
    > greatly in need of a system that doesn't support malware at all - such as
    > Unix or Linux.

    Yeah cause there is so much commercial software available for Linux....
    These Linux people must live on a different planet.

    The Henchman, May 6, 2010

  3. kipper

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 05 May 2010 22:10:23 -0400, The Henchman wrote:

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2010-05-04, The Henchman <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> "Steve" <> wrote in message

    >>> That makes sense.
    >>>
    >>> I Thot Whiskers wanted to virus friend to switch to Linux, but if s/he
    >>> has
    >>> all those malwares installed on windows, they don't seem to be the
    >>> type to
    >>> use Linux.

    >> I'd say that someone who can't keep a Windows system free of malware is
    >> greatly in need of a system that doesn't support malware at all - such
    >> as Unix or Linux.
    >>

    > Yeah cause there is so much commercial software available for Linux....

    Indeed, there surely is. You'd be amazed.

    > These Linux people must live on a different planet.

    Nope, they're just smarter.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he poured grease onto the interstate.

    Dan C, May 6, 2010